Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exclusion of a fan following incident at Brighton v Crystal Palace 27/09/11 [Merged]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
strike light

light firework

stand well back

It's up to LB and LB alone to put his name forward with anything like this.

Why should he be nominated if YOU want it then volunteer yourself

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Incidentally, I imagine you think my stance is against fans. I'm a fan. I was Goldstone North Stand, and I was born and raised round the corner from The Goldstone as well.

I understand and interpret properly the rules I was trained to apply, and I regard fans just like I'm that fan and the way they should be treated. Just the facts.
It's clear why the clubs have to follow health and safety rules, and sometimes that also does include care for people who don't want to stand.....and that's EVEN IF you think that everyone 'should know' that the North Stand want to stand up, or wear a cap in the bar.

Some call that 'wannabe cop' attitude and argue tooth and nail regardless of whether they understand the sense of it or not.

To be honest I don't usually get involved on issues with you but, when reading, I do often think you defend the sometimes indefensible behaviour of some of the stewards and their attitude towards the fans which seems to come from the top.
Can't fault anything you say on this issue though.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Didn't the guy also post it got him into trouble with his employers, even though, as it's turned out he was innocent all along ?

He did indeed.

It's in the report.

His Boss's Partner wanted to sack him.

(BTW, could the two threads on this subject be MERGED please, as they are covering common ground?)

Dandyman

In London village.
Frightful 1901 yobs. Don't get that nonsense in the North Stand.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They could but they both have different headlines and agenda's.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I dont think for one minute, that Tony Bloom is not aware of that report.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I don't get any hassle from stewards or police at any grounds but then I'm not the sort of moron who is winding up opposition supporters trying to instigate trouble or someone who argues with those who are employed to keep us safe. There are rules and regulations fo a reason and if you behave within these then you'll never even notice the stewards or police at football

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Whenever I've met Mr H (3 or 4) occaisons he has been nothing but nice, cooperative and professional.

Blimey! Some people seem to be interested in my opinion on this. So here it is ...

The Report is a public document issued by the Independent Football Ombudsman. It is critical of the Club. The Club should therefore make a public statement. Any further action should await that public statement.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This.

I can't understand why someone being an off-duty police officer somehow makes their testimony carry more weight than anyone else's? You don't have to look further than the pages of that report to see that they will create complete fictions with best of them.

This is my biggest concern. There's plenty of examples of police corruption so why is their word gospel. A cynic would suggest it's because Hebberd is an ex-policeman !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agreed with skipper734 when honeyboyzimba suggested your name , that it was up to you to do this and no one else. Beach Hut misinterpretated / did not read this properly and told me it was up to you to put your name forward and that if I was bothered I should put my name forward hence the heads in hand comment LB. Just to clear that up.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Blimey! Some people seem to be interested in my opinion on this. So here it is ...

The Report is a public document issued by the Independent Football Ombudsman. It is critical of the Club. The Club should therefore make a public statement. Any further action should await that public statement.

Your just to sensible and level headed for this forum LB !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hebberd adding to his growing reputation amongst the grass root support again. Its funny really, I've never spoken, met or even seen him in the flesh and yet I dislike him. I think he needs a publicist.

Feb 21, 2012
I don't get any hassle from stewards or police at any grounds but then I'm not the sort of moron who is winding up opposition supporters trying to instigate trouble or someone who argues with those who are employed to keep us safe. There are rules and regulations fo a reason and if you behave within these then you'll never even notice the stewards or police at football

Have you read the report before posting that?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here