Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Excellent transfer policy

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
There is probably a Gavin Hoyte in there somewhere. Not all of them will work out, but so far it is looking promising. Can this team gel before we start playing any of the contenders ? Wednesday aside I think we have played three vying for the drop, unless they can turn things around.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
So what we thinking we can do this season now then ? Genuine contenders or mid table ?

Considering two of our opponents thus far have been absolute tosh, and the other two mediocre!, I'm
going to see how we fair against a more organized team in Charlton before I start getting excited!.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Considering two of our opponents thus far have been absolute tosh, and the other two mediocre!, I'm
going to see how we fair against a more organized team in Charlton before I start getting excited!.

Wednesday started well but yes. Saturday should be interesting

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
3 games within the GAME; finance/transfers/onthepitch. hows it goin?
it all looks on the up to me; windows open, maybe money in the bank?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Delighted with what I've seen last 2 games but let's not get ahead of outsves. Real judgement can be made after 10 games minimum IMO!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

Agreed. Charlton will be a good test to see where we are currently. We're both teams going through a transition. Vekotele (sp) looks like he will be a real danger.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You missed one crucial fact.

Colunga turns out to be decent = Sami signing.
Colunga turns out to be barndoor = Burker signing.

I'm sure if we tell our Jon he'll set to work on the various barometers of opinion. I could just see this as a classic Spitting Image sketch.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Contenders for playoffs possibly, at the moment though I'd be happy with top 12.

We need to hurry up a bit i'm not getting any younger you know and i want to be around to enjoy the glory years.
I often have recurring nightmares, i am in an old folks home, no teeth and a bag to piss in, only the sound of a grandfather clock ticking interrupted by farts, fighting for the controls i switch the communal TV to the football results only to see that we have been knocked out in the play offs.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
We need to hurry up a bit i'm not getting any younger you know and i want to be around to enjoy the glory years.
I often have recurring nightmares, i am in an old folks home, no teeth and a bag to piss in, only the sound of a grandfather clock ticking interrupted by farts, fighting for the controls i switch the communal TV to the football results only to see that we have been knocked out in the play offs.

It could be worse; they might not be dry.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

I tend to agree. We won't play Leeds and Bolton every week - although Blackpool are on the horizon!.

So it's early days and the progress over the last couple of games is very encouraging, but we aren't serious contenders - yet. I hope that another 2-3 weeks together will enable our revamped squad to properly gel and consolidate.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Will be another meltdown if we lose to CAFC. I was worried we'd get relegated but can see we have enough to stay up.

A real top quality striker signing could see us be a solid top 10 side which would be within budget. And Stephens to come back...

Trust in Tony

Banned
Aug 17, 2014
Worthing
Or Colonga could turn out to be a DUD and it turns out to be a TERRIBLE transfer policy, why are LICKERS so fast these days ? Is there a competition to be UBER FAN ?

Us lickers share one thing with your Ernest. We all love the Albion and want them to win. So rather than call us lickers it might be better just to say fellow fans with different views :albion2:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Simply put, has Tony ever let us down up to now?

No. Bedwettery aside he has not.

Long-term sustainability. Not boom and bust.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

i'm pooing into mine and its nearly brimming; nurse, NURSE!?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It depends if we do bring in a top quality proven beast of a striker or not for me. Also a right back is obviously needed and with the Cork chap wanted by prem sides that's already over.

A young RB to challenge Calde.
A proven 20 goal a season striker.

Fantastic window.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

Point made but considering this is only the second full week of competitive matches with an altogether revamped team, one can only assume we will improve at a greater rate than the opposition.

Sami and Tony and Barbie have put together a very strong squad, better IMHO than we have ever had.
Time will only tell. But I am seriously on the Sami-Train!

TNBA

TTF

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Ulloa is big boots to fill.

Athletico Madrid are the team to consider, each time they sell their main goal scorer they throw a different guy in and he carries on doing the business for them. Aguero, Falcao, Costa. It's got to be down to man management of the squad and providing them with decent chances. If Sami can get someone firing then we have a great shout

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here