Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ex ALBION Legends And where they Lived? (middle age stalkers only)

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Looking at El Pres's post on bumping into Eric Steele and his menancing rotweilers! and then reading that Eric used to live around the back of Dot Stringer (re: Crispy ambulance) got me thinking.

Where in town did our ex Albion legends live?

Our start with Teddy Maybank used to live Holmes Ave in late 70's. many take away cartons and empties outside. The bedroom curtains were always pulled!!!! Top Lad.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Looking at El Pres's post on bumping into Eric Steele and his menancing rotweilers! and then reading that Eric used to live around the back of Dot Stringer (re: Crispy ambulance) got me thinking.

Where in town did our ex Albion legends live?

Our start with Teddy Maybank used to live Holmes Ave in late 70's. many take away cartons and empties outside. The bedroom curtains were always pulled!!!! Top Lad.

and he had one of the round above ground pools installed... almost the size of the garden... I had to help clean it out during "Bob-a-job week", even though I wasn't a Scout!

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Tony Grealish used to live in Peacehaven, off Heathy Brow. I used to deliver Alan Biley's paper, he lived above the White Hart pub in Newhaven

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Quite a few of players lived in chartwell at the top of hove park

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Tony Grealish used to live in Peacehaven, off Heathy Brow. I used to deliver Alan Biley's paper, he lived above the White Hart pub in Newhaven

that's right,landlord was from pompey,always had a load of pompey boys in there for brighton weekend

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Joe Corrigan lived in Court Ord Road, Rottingdean.

gingertom

Jan 14, 2010
Graham Moseley lived somewhere off Onslow road, at least the kid whose paper round I covered for occasionally claimed as much.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I used to deliver Charlie Webbs morning papers. Frith Road, Hove. Oh! you said middle age stalkers, I am really old.
I forgot, Dave Sexton lived at the bottom of Amberly Drive, Hove.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I know this is the second time
I've mentioned him today but does anyone know what ever happened to Eric Potts and where is he now?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I bought the house that Mikey Small used to rent in Woodhouse Road Hove...Occasionally I would sit outside in my car at 3am and play 'who can make the dance ram' by Yellowman at full volume to continue the tradition he started and the neighbours remembered with such fondness...if you're every down that way...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Brian Horton in Westdene near the windmill, near top of Mill Rise.

Used to see him walking his Labrador on the green above the windmill.

Cheeky Chappie

Sep 27, 2007
I used to deliver Brian Horton's newspaper when he lived in Westdene. His labrador was called 'Sheba'. Nobby would always say hello when I saw him. Top bloke!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here