Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ewan Chester - chief scout

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I believe his contract with Albion will cover issues just like this, pretty standard to do so. Imagine being a scout and having this information about future strategies, and spilling the beans to a new employer. Might happen once, but then that person would be pretty well unemployable in future.

Plus this decision may have been taken a while back but only announced post-season and therefore he's not in the loop on any current potential targets...possibly...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Big shame, we seemed to have a quality transfer team last season. I think everyone is twitchy around this area given the Burke 'era'.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Makes a change from losing a manager in the summer after a play off defeat though eh!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
A shame but the commanding mind behind the recruitment operation, Paul Winstanley is still here. If he was going that would be a major concern. Still it's going to be another busy summer of recruitment. 6 new players are required, probably more, depending on who we lose, a first team coach and now a chief scout.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is absolutely terrible news.

Ewan has brilliant contacts around Europe. He and CH are brilliant friends and so this has really shocked me. The only reason I can think of why it has happened is because Ewan actually lives in Scotland and Birmingham is an easier commute for him.
I hate it when that happens.

You go through all the faff of getting a new job, and then a year later they move the entire city.
As if that wasn't bad enough, they always move the city even further away.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cant see that travel to Scotland is much easier from Birmingham than Brighton unless driving. Trains from either are plentiful in fact from London just as quick if not quicker, as are flights I would have thought.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I hate it when that happens.

You go through all the faff of getting a new job, and then a year later they move the entire city.
As if that wasn't bad enough, they always move the city even further away.

He was still at Norwich when Chris contacted him and asked him to join him at Brighton. And I didn't say for certain that location was the reason for his move. I said that was the only reason I could see for it because Chris and Ewan are such good friends and he knows how good he is

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I cant see that travel to Scotland is much easier from Birmingham than Brighton unless driving. Trains from either are plentiful in fact from London just as quick if not quicker, as are flights I would have thought.

Nail on the head BG. When going to watch players around the country you need a car to be travelling to grounds because you might be watching a kids match at 11am and then a professional match at 3pm somewhere else. And then maybe the next day at your own training ground and at some time you need some time with your family.

Ewan always works really long hours. Maybe he just decided now he is getting older he wants to spend more time with his Grandchildren, who I think live in the Scottish Borders

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Nail on the head BG. When going to watch players around the country you need a car to be travelling to grounds because you might be watching a kids match at 11am and then a professional match at 3pm somewhere else. And then maybe the next day at your own training ground and at some time you need some time with your family.

Ewan always works really long hours. Maybe he just decided now he is getting older he wants to spend more time with his Grandchildren, who I think live in the Scottish Borders

I'm AVAILABLE as the new SCOUT , I'm MUSTARD at tying KNOTS

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

East Midlands airport?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
East Midlands airport?

I think he lives in the Borders though, and most scouting is done by car as not all grounds are close to Airports or Train Stations and you are often at games which end late at night.

Anyhow [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]

Ernest has put himself up as Ewan's replacement. Citing his ''Knot Tying'' skills as his qualifications for the job.. Let me know how you get on with your Application Ernest

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Am I being foolish, does it really matter where our scout lives? As long as he can contact Paul Winstanley and Chris then surely that's all that is needed?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
When he says Birmingham does he mean Birmingham City FC, or Villa, West Brom, Wolves?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here