Evolution and Big Bang are lies from Hell

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

But whose to say who the most faithful are? I could be the most faithful man in the world, but no one knows that, and all my prayers might be being answered?! Every single christian has a different level of faith. If you pray for something, you may not need it, so therefore, God doesn't give it to you. That is what I think, the sort of system is in place. Christians believe that God has a plan for everyone's life, if a cancer patient dies, despite praying to live, then maybe he wasn't needed on Earth anymore? To you this may sound just stupid, I believe God has a plan for me, and so does every other christian. Most christians KNOW what that plan is, and are cracking on with it. If your plan was lets say to be a drummer, and you prayed and prayed and prayed for a guitar, you obviously wound't get it!

Without meaning to be rude - you are right, I simply can't get my head around that level of faith in something for which I personally can see no evidence for. Thanks for explaining your perspective though.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You're a bit of an idiot if you think I wasn't trying to wind you up. Atheists are the easiest group of people to annoy, I used the opportunity last night as I was bored.
If you'd read my previous posts you'd know I'm not an atheist. And it's no good trying to back-track, you DO believe everything you said, but you lack the ability to argue your case and are now trying to say it was just a wind-up so that you don't get shown up.

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
If you'd read my previous posts you'd know I'm not an atheist. And it's no good trying to back-track, you DO believe everything you said, but you lack the ability to argue your case and are now trying to say it was just a wind-up so that you don't get shown up.

Did I say that YOU personally was an atheist???

And reading your previous posts is bloody sounds like you are!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because the vast majority of believers, theologians, biblical scholars and so on and so on would accept and agree that it is a story. I am not expected to believe it, not that I would believe it even if I was expected to believe it. i don't think you would find any mainstream Christian Church in this country which would not accept the Theory of Evolution. It would not, therefore, be a leap of faith to accept the creation story, it would be the rejection of a very well accepted Theory of Evolution.
While the theory of evolution is well accepted, it's not as well accepted as the fact (not theory) that a woman can't get pregnant without a man's sperm.

What is far more important is what he has inspired people to do over the years. There is the argument that wars are started because of religion, but putting that aside, how about Christian Aid, CAFOD (the Catholic Aid Agency), and all the other church or faith based agencies for good that are doing sterling work in the world - the Red Cross and the Red crescent (The Muslim Version.
I don't disagree with you there. Wars, murder and torture asside, religion can be very good.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Did I say that YOU personally was an atheist???

And reading your previous posts is bloody sounds like you are!
You certainly implied it - and now you've come out and said it! Well I'm not; although admittedly I don't believe in the same spiteful, insecure, bullying (Jewish) tyrant that you do who took six days to make one tiny planet - and then had to have a day off 'cos he was knackered!

EDIT: And I KNEW you'd obfuscate and not answer my question.

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
You certainly implied it - and now you've come out and said it! Well I'm not; although admittedly I don't believe in the same spiteful, insecure, bullying (Jewish) tyrant that you do who took six days to make one tiny planet - and then had to have a day off 'cos he was knackered!

So what do you believe in?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

EDIT: And I KNEW you'd obfuscate and not answer my question.

I am interested, what do you believe in?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
A quick question for those of a religious persuasion, how do you decide which deity you choose to follow? And do you ever worry that the ones that you decide not to worship might get a bit annoyed?

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
To be honest, when it comes to religion and "is there a God" debates, as a Christian I am a bit of a wind up when atheists are arguing that God is a load of "mythical bullshit." The atheists among my friends are ALWAYS the ones who start a debate with me about Christianity, most of those atheists, if not all have had pretty crap childhoods and only think God doesn't exist because of "how much crap they've been through." One lad lost his dad very young and has had a pretty bad life, and always says something to me in R.E about how stupid the idea of God is.

I have been going to church for 2 years, and in that time, I have gradually got the idea in my head that there is a God.

LIFE. Life is a miracle, WHY does life exist? Why SHOULD life exist. Evolution says we started from flipping fish, I think that's about as deluded as the idea there there's a "God."

You atheists are just against goodness, and can't see that you're living in something special, that you HAVE a life. Stop taking a miracle for granted by saying we came from fish.

Also, WHERE did the big bang come from? I would like to know, cos' if you're saying that from NOTHING. Yes NOTHING. (And by nothing I mean that nothing at all existed) The suddenly a BANG appeared:eek::eek: . That sounds like a kids book. "And suddenly there was a bang." Bull crap imo.

:smile:

"The thing is with life as such, when it evolves, it evolves in the environment it is in. There are some evidence that there are live bacteria in very hot places on our planet, i.e. life can arise in different circumstances than our current one,Basically, we're judging our current condition as the "perfect" one and only possible solution only because we can't compare to another different condition, and because of that ignorance, people tend to draw religious conclusions"

what do you have to say to that?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
To be honest, when it comes to religion and "is there a God" debates, as a Christian I am a bit of a wind up when atheists are arguing that God is a load of "mythical bullshit." The atheists among my friends are ALWAYS the ones who start a debate with me about Christianity, most of those atheists, if not all have had pretty crap childhoods and only think God doesn't exist because of "how much crap they've been through." One lad lost his dad very young and has had a pretty bad life, and always says something to me in R.E about how stupid the idea of God is.

I have been going to church for 2 years, and in that time, I have gradually got the idea in my head that there is a God.

LIFE. Life is a miracle, WHY does life exist? Why SHOULD life exist. Evolution says we started from flipping fish, I think that's about as deluded as the idea there there's a "God."

You atheists are just against goodness, and can't see that you're living in something special, that you HAVE a life. Stop taking a miracle for granted by saying we came from fish.

Also, WHERE did the big bang come from? I would like to know, cos' if you're saying that from NOTHING. Yes NOTHING. (And by nothing I mean that nothing at all existed) The suddenly a BANG appeared:eek::eek: . That sounds like a kids book. "And suddenly there was a bang." Bull crap imo.

:smile:

You are too narrow minded to realise that the fact that evolution exists and the wonder of nature and the big bang are miraculous in themselves and don't need a God to explain them. In fact it shows zero respect for nature and the universe. Man annoys me so much, always trying to stamp our insecurities, fears and hopes onto things.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
There you go then, we both believe in something that is basically for 5 year olds.

Um, there is very stromng evidence that we came from sea dwelling organisms. You need to explain your argument more thoroughly. It may seem to back up your argument by saying the word fish over and over but it makes you look a bit daft. Fish and ourselves, and indeed all species share a common ancestor, we did not evolve from fish. Look it up and it;s not as ridiculous as you try and debase it to. Evolution took hold partly due to light reflection. Read up on it, and the scales shall fall from your eyes.

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
You are too narrow minded to realise that the fact that evolution exists and the wonder of nature and the big bang are miraculous in themselves and don't need a God to explain them. In fact it shows zero respect for nature and the universe. Man annoys me so much, always trying to stamp our insecurities, fears and hopes onto things.

Evolution does not exist, where did the first life come from?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So what do you believe in?

I am interested, what do you believe in?

I knew there was a reason I didn't get involved in these debates ....

Firstly that there is absolutely no conflict between science and religion. People who desperately cling to ancient texts and claim them to be divinely-inspired truth are, well I'll be polite and call them 'ignorant morons who should shut the f*** up and try opening their minds and using their God-given intelligence'. Big Bang, quantum physics, evolution (plus anything else we haven't discovered yet) are just the tools used by 'God'. They're incontrovertible proof that the bible's wrong, but not proof that 'God' doesn't exist. I know the existence of 'God' can't be proved one way or the other, but in the early days people thought the earth was flat, the night sky was an inverted bowl and that the stars were the light of heaven shining through. We now know that's wrong, but the debate about the existence of 'God' persists, and without wishing to be dramatic, every human discovery proves how incredible the universe is, and IF there is a creator what a fantastic job 'he' did; the truth is far more impressive than Genesis would have us believe.

And even if we as humans could prove 100% that there was no creator, there is nothing outside of our conscious, observable universe .....So what? I freely admit to using religion as a crutch; I love the timbre of the Anglican service, I love going into cathedrals and lighting candles, I love the contemplative silence, I love the spiritual framework of thinking that I'm part of something bigger. I also like the sense of moral and social compass, especially politically, where I believe that 'all men are created equal'. Arguing about details, about whether Jesus really feed 5000 with a few fish I think misses the point.

There. That's the most I've said on this subject on here for about 13 years!

Last edited:

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
If you believe in evolution, then why aren't you killing people then? Were here for no reason, so why not kill loads of people then, it won't matter.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
There is only one God, so that is a non-question.

Doesn't that rather depend on your religion though? There are lots of Hindu Gods after all, and at least three monotheistic religions that try to claim the same God as their exclusive property.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Evolution does not exist, where did the first life come from?

That really would take too long to explain fully. Someone posted a rather good lecture on here earlier that will try and expalin it better than I could. I doubt you will bothet though. I mean why take a look at the facts when you've got JC and The Man?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports