Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evolution and Big Bang are lies from Hell

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No it doesn't, the many starving across the world show how badly humans have used free will in a way it shouldn't be.

ah free will, the defense of the religious faced with the prospect that their god neither knows or cares to intervene in the world. how is being born into a family with no food free will? how are failing rains in some forsaken corner of Africa free will? how is fleeing war and contracting typhiod in a fetid refugee camp free will?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
ah free will, the defense of the religious faced with the prospect that their god neither knows or cares to intervene in the world. how is being born into a family with no food free will? how are failing rains in some forsaken corner of Africa free will? how is fleeing war and contracting typhiod in a fetid refugee camp free will?

Quite. If it's good it seems to be God's wonderful work. If it's bad it's the result of free will, how wonderfuly blameless he is.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
In the sense that a lot of scientists hold the view that actually it takes such a rarely found, delicate balance of elements to support life, possibly earth being the only place life exists that humans and other life on earth are actually vastly important and hugely significant.

Yes I agree that the conditions for life are considered as hugely important but I was meaning more on an individual level. In science/evolution, you or I are no more unique or special or important than any other person on this earth, and we exist to continue our species, as does any other single animal on the planet. With religion the individual is just one of a deity's creations, all as perfect and special and valued as the next, and if they live a good life they get to go to heaven. This was more my point - on an individual basis, religion is not as 'cold' as evolution, and says there IS meaning beyond just existing. Don't get me wrong, as I explained I'm more a champion of science and evolution - I like the idea of a deity but I'm just not sure I can believe it. But I understand why many people can and do, and I respect them for that.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes I agree that the conditions for life are considered as hugely important but I was meaning more on an individual level. In science/evolution, you or I are no more unique or special or important than any other person on this earth, and we exist to continue our species, as does any other single animal on the planet. With religion the individual is just one of a deity's creations, all as perfect and special and valued as the next, and if they live a good life they get to go to heaven. This was more my point - on an individual basis, religion is not as 'cold' as evolution, and says there IS meaning beyond just existing. Don't get me wrong, as I explained I'm more a champion of science and evolution - I like the idea of a deity but I'm just not sure I can believe it. But I understand why many people can and do, and I respect them for that.

Well put

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
Evolution is bunch of nonsense.

How did birds "evolve" their wings?

You all believe in a series of stupid coincidences, just like I apparently you do. The evolution theory is faulted in so many ways.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Evolution is bunch of nonsense.

How did birds "evolve" their wings?

You all believe in a series of stupid coincidences, just like I apparently you do. The evolution theory is faulted in so many ways.

Perhaps you should explain how, since you know so much about it?

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
Perhaps you should explain how, since you know so much about it?

They didn't evolve their wings..

An evolutionist would say that over time the wings got bigger until they could fly, but at the start those wings would have been short and useless. Why would a bird need those short and useless wings? Surely they would just evolve some claws to climb trees or something?

And why do apes and gorillas still exist if we evolved from them?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield

An evolutionist would say that over time the wings got bigger until they could fly, but at the start those wings would have been sort and useless. Why would a bird need those short and useless wings? Surely they would just evolve some claws to climb trees or something?

ROFL. So you don't think wings evolved, but claws could have. You're funny.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

An evolutionist would say that over time the wings got bigger until they could fly, but at the start those wings would have been short and useless. Why would a bird need those short and useless wings? Surely they would just evolve some claws to climb trees or something?

Well you see, at some point a genetic mutation would have occurred, as they do today, where a lizards limb was a fraction closer to a wing, this would have given them some kind of advantage, a longer stride, or a a higher perspective maybe and they would have been more succesful in mating thus passing down the mutant gene that becomes the norm and becomes more pronounced over Billions of years. That, is a very, very simplified explanation. Up to you what horseshit you choose to believe though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

we didnt. you dont understand evolution. if you dont like it, come up with a sensible alternative.

but before you do please go back and address the previous unanswered question about how your god allows suffering, disease, famine and all that bad shit. you really need to be dealing with that first, not trying to divert attention onto a seperate issue.

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
Well you see, at some point a genetic mutation would have occurred, as they do today, where a lizards limb was a fraction closer to a wing, this would have given them some kind of advantage, a longer stride, or a a higher perspective maybe and they would have been more succesful in mating thus passing down the mutant gene that becomes the norm and becomes more pronounced over Billions of years. That, is a very, very simplified explanation. Up to you what horseshit you choose to believe though.

Let's not get offensive... but as you started it, it's up to you what sort of horseshit you believe in to.

Stewart

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Sussex
We did not evolve from them, we evolved from their ancestors, we are their cousins, even you.

"Evolve." Evolution says that a strike of thunder caused the first cells to began life as we know it.

What a load of rubbish, but as my unintelligent friend Nibble said, It's up to you what kind of horseshit you believe.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
"Evolve." Evolution says that a strike of thunder caused the first cells to began life as we know it.

What a load of rubbish, but as my unintelligent friend Nibble said, It's up to you what kind of horseshit you believe.

Ok, so you've skipped on from the evolving-from-apes angle ?

And yes, the strike of thunder theory is horseshit. It was lightning.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

Firstly evolution doesn't say that, it merely suggests it as a possibility. And secondly, what makes you say it's a load of rubbish?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

its very difficult not to be rude to you when you come out with horseshit(as nibble puts so well) like this,i suggest you actually read up on what evolution actually proposes for all species before you make yourself look even more spectacularly uneducated on the subject

im beginning to think you must be on some sort of demented wind up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here