Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
First time to Goodison this year, any idea of the best way to get to and from the ground from Lime st station?
Trying to work out what train to get on the way back.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
2.4 miles. I’d be tempted to walk. There will also be buses.
It’s not the most picturesque setting but a real old school ground with great atmosphere.
For those driving, an early park on Walton Hall Avenue near the Everton ladies ground is decent. Turn around so you are facing away from the City Centre. It’s a main road and so security is ok.
If you have time have a walk around the City Centre. Loads of fantastic Listed buildings.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
First time to Goodison this year, any idea of the best way to get to and from the ground from Lime st station?

Kirkdale Railway station, head to Mersey Rail over the road from Lime Street Station

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If you don’t mind a walk, 40 minutes all downhill to Lime Street post match, follow the direct walking route using phone Maps. Easy, loads do it.

As uphill, going to the stadium you might want to take a taxi. Cheap, end the ride when you hit congestion nearby.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If you don’t mind a walk, 40 minutes all downhill to Lime Street post match, follow the direct walking route using phone Maps. Easy, loads do it.

As uphill, going to the stadium you might want to take a taxi. Cheap, end the ride when you hit congestion nearby.
2.4 miles - speedy walking! But hopefully we'll be bouncing along following a stonking win. And probably quicker than waiting for the train.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
On the topic, do people still drink at the Liverpool pub for Everton away and walk across the park?

Only been once as a neutral but remember away fans were given a pub or two at the club not playing that day.

If not, where do away fans tend to head?

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Walk from Lime Street to Liverpool Central (5 mins), get on a Merseyrail train to Sandhills and get the Soccerbus outside the station. £2.50 I think and takes you right outside the ground.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On the topic, do people still drink at the Liverpool pub for Everton away and walk across the park?

Only been once as a neutral but remember away fans were given a pub or two at the club not playing that day.

If not, where do away fans tend to head?

My recent experience was that you just share any pubs.

So not the 'tough guys' situation in Norwood or Chelsea :wanker:

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I can guarantee they’ll be some Albion fans in the Ship and Mitre before and after the match - one of my favourite pre match pubs
Last time I was there they had a beer on from the North Laine Brewhouse. Mangolicious Pale if I remember correctly. Certainly never seen any of their beers that far north.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Another vote for the Ship & Mitre, we often meet our Liverpool-supporting mate in there pre-Liverpool and Everton games.

Always fancy trying the scouse and never managed to order it for one reason or another!

Walk all round the bar as they have different ales on at the back.

Tfitz12

Jan 2, 2023
I'm always a fan of the Flat Iron or the Arkles before Everton away. Just the other side of Stanley park on Anfield Road

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
We’re heading to a pub called The Albion. On Hawthorne Road, 30 min walk north of goodison, park up that end somewhere.

el punal

My recent experience was that you just share any pubs.

So not the 'tough guys' situation in Norwood or Chelsea :wanker:
Ha! Ha! Me and a friend got into a ‘Chelsea’ pub the season before last when we drew 1-1. As we were entering the bouncer said Chelsea only. I pointed to my blue and white Albion scarf and said “What do you think this is?”. He let us in.
My friend then took his coat off to reveal an Albion sweatshirt in all its glory. We did get some strange looks. Hey-Ho! :drink:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I shall be taking my waterproof overtrousers......

1699050467273.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here