Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The softest of softest penalties. Dunk couldn't cut it out, Pervis has only got one leg than Bob dives in with no need. No way Iwobi would score if he was the only player on the pitch. Sanchez then over dives! Think our lack of clean sheets will be a theme that will hold us back a bit.

But HOW far have we come when we absolutely batter and toy with Everton away and I'm writing about this. Have that.
Agree. I too was disappointed and it feels greedy. But greed is good. Demand better. Expect better. Become entitled. We’re in the PL after all. Next up, the other half of Merseyside and I see no reason why we can’t give them a humbling too.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
It was always a ground that we used to struggle at until last year, so to demolish them, taking our foot of the peddle for the last 15 or so is pretty dam impressive.

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Well, what fun that was! Lovely to see four players on the score sheet and we made it look easy - far easier than the first half suggested.
As for the pen/clean sheet, I'd take a 1 - 4 over a 0 - 3 anytime at all. :)

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Brighton's teenage striker Evan Ferguson: "Great result, obviously, bouncing back from last week [defeat to Arsenal]. It was probably the best we could ask for.

"We came in at half-time and knew could do better and knew we had them. We came and tried to give our best. Luckily the goals came through."

On his second goal in as many games after a consolation against Arsenal: "It's a lot better when you can celebrate and not go pick the ball up. Buzzing with the result and getting another goal.

"I feel comfortable. Being in with lads every day, they push you. You have to keep working and working. It is good."

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sky Sports news currently discussing "whats gone wrong for Everton" and "every time Brighton went forward Everton came back at them".

WTF game were they watching?
The sky studio has a lens, a pink prism they all watch through. Distorts many a match

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Outstanding. No negatives of any meaningful size. The squad depth and (young) age of the players is so exciting.

Also loved Big Ev’s performance tonight: got his goal, looked confident enough to have 3/4 cracks and stood his ground after his card.

Just hope this team stays together at least till the end of this season because we genuinely have a sniff of Europe…

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spent 18 months saying 'I like Potter but...'
For that to be a red rag to some.

When we broke, in our own half, for Ferguson to shoot over, we had 5, possibly 6 players breaking either with the ball or in front of it.

I liked Potter but...

...he's no Roberto de Zerbi.

Think Potter was holding us back to be honest! RDZ‘s sides are light years ahead of the dull possession game we endured with GP!
I had to go back to #243 on page 13 to find it!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well, I wasn't able to follow this 'live' and when I saw 1-4 on the BBC scores page, I thought it was a mistake so checked and double checked. Stone me, what a result.

hungry fat bastard GIF

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
"Excellent result on the road for Brighton" - at least we got a mention :dezerbi:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can we stop giving the opposition the obligatory consolation penalty.

Defence OUT

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Think Potter was holding us back to be honest! RDZ‘s sides are light years ahead of the dull possession game we endured with GP!
Agree. RDZ is unlocking the attacking potential. Incredible that Chelsea gave us that much money for him. They must be sick ... absolutely sick with that decision. Ah well, you make your bed.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Real shame MacA got 30mins in his legs, Lamps another run out, Moran some game time. I mean honestly…:smile:
I know , and I understand the reasons he made the subs, but they could have got that against Middlesbro' on Saturday. It is nit pickin but we could have really ramped up our goal difference

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here