[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Or maybe RDZ is holding the boys back from scoring five, like with GP... :) Anyway, I guess this historical revisionism serves some kind of psychological purpose - all good.

Great win tonight - bit too many defensive mistakes that could have been punished against a stronger team, but other than that nothing to complain about. Fergie looking very solid, Caicedo running the midfield, March and Mitoma as brilliant as ever.

I'd give a fiver for Trossards thoughts... hopefully it just motivates him.
Under RDZ we're getting players up there. So yes we might ship one or two on the counter, which hardly ever happened under Potter, but it really doesn't matter if we make the odd defensive mistake when we're scoring 3's and 4's.

Potter is a 0-0 or 1-0 to someone manager. We were much more a hostage to fortune then that we are now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bet they must be really pleased they are spending mega money on a new stadium but the team are more L1
Everton fan on R5 earlier said similar. Praised the owners for the new stadium but said at this rate they'll be playing in the second tier in it. He also hasn't forgiven them for hiring the fat Spanish waiter before :lol:

He was also very very complimentary towards us :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't lamptey get pulled back before the pen?
Yes, yes he did. But he didn't go down, ergo - "no free kick".

This is EXACTLY why players go down easily. If they don't, then the referees are totally blind to the foul. It REALLY f***ing annoyed me (the only pisser of a brilliant night).

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
From the BBS:

Getting pissed off with Brighton. Shouldn’t lose your two best players and your manager and be better for it. Not to mention the £107m they got in transfer fees and compensation from Chelsea and Spurs.
For the past decade, I've looked with green eyed envy, to that club up the road.

They've always had that player we've been lacking.
You know the one I mean.

But since the arrival of Kaoru, i don't really think about it anymore.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
oops! 🤭 😆

BEB79FCB-2296-4498-97C4-6A3A12DC4024.jpeg

They really need to acknowledge teams ‘like Brighton’ can beat them because Brighton are actually a better team!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Under RDZ we're getting players up there. So yes we might ship one or two on the counter, which hardly ever happened under Potter, but it really doesn't matter if we make the odd defensive mistake when we're scoring 3's and 4's.

Potter is a 0-0 or 1-0 to someone manager. We were much more a hostage to fortune then that we are now.
With GP there was also plenty of players up there. The idea that Brighton were playing some kind of defensive minded 0-0-football didn't exist in September.

The big difference between now and say two years ago isn't a change of style or replacing a defensive minded with an attacking one. The difference is this:

Since then, more quality has been added - and with that, more goals (both with GP and with RDZ).

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes, yes he did. But he didn't go down, ergo - "no free kick".

This is EXACTLY why players go down easily. If they don't, then the referees are totally blind to the foul. It REALLY f***ing annoyed me (the only pisser of a brilliant night).
Shouldn't VAR be checking it though?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

For the past decade, I've looked with green eyed envy, to that club up the road.

They've always had that player we've been lacking.
You know the one I mean.

But since the arrival of Kaoru, i don't really think about it anymore.
Ha great point - yes very much feel the same

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Good grief. Not taking anything away from us, but f*** me their defending is awful !
Exactly. Shockingly bad defending. The radio commentary didn't do justice to just how tragically bad they were. I don't remember seeing opposition defenders play that poorly when we were in division 4. Lots of players with big wages and big reputations there.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
FA cup tie next against 'Boro who's top scorer and the current Championship top scorer is..........................Chuba Akpom !
Who would have thought.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
With GP there was also plenty of players up there. The idea that Brighton were playing some kind of defensive minded 0-0-football didn't exist in September.

The big difference between now and say two years ago isn't a change of style or replacing a defensive minded with an attacking one. The difference is this:

Since then, more quality has been added - and with that, more goals (both with GP and with RDZ).

I kind of agree. However, we do seem to have swapped a little defensive solidity with finishing prowess under RDZ. I feel that we have a goal to give away each time we play now but I also have confidence that players will score. When I was watching March dancing past Everton players in their box this evening, I just knew he was going to bury it. That is a new confidence that I don’t believe Potter could have given him.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Exactly. Shockingly bad defending. The radio commentary didn't do justice to just how tragically bad they were. I don't remember seeing opposition defenders play that poorly when we were in division 4. Lots of players with big wages and big reputations there.
But this was partly because they didn't know where on earth our lads were coming from or going to. Must be a nightmare to try and defend against a team that have the ability to score from all over like we have at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports