Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You can’t blame the keeper for that, Ryan has never been that kind of keeper and I say this as a critic of his, when you know your keeper isn’t going to come out and dominate it should make defending easy, there’s no mix ups or middle ground. Particularly if you’re playing with 3 centre backs, the 2 goals we’ve conceded are criminal defending and marking.

At least if you’re not going to attack balls, disrupt the run, we know James has ridiculous set pieces, we’ve been very naive.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We've got Webster playing his 4th Prem game on the left of a 3, We've got White playing his 4th Prem game on the right of a 3, We've got Dunk playing his 4th Prem game in the middle of that 3? Sometimes things take time?

I thinks we’ve switched to zonal marking and we’re struggling to adapt to it at the moment.

To be honest these are probably the correct answer. Doesn't help with the frustration of this game but hopefully things will improve with time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I thinks we’ve switched to zonal marking and we’re struggling to adapt to it at the moment.

The defending for their last goal was horrifying.

Everton players just running around a bunch of statues.

Every other team will be noting this weakness down. A team like Burnley will only need two or three set-pieces to score and beat us.

We must fix this straight away.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Why are we so adverse to having a pot.

It's a treacherous surface with a weak goalie low on confidence but still we don't shoot !!!

Slightly reminiscent of Wenger Arsenal is has to be said.

Juts have a bloody shot!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Is he f**k :rolleyes:

Far more to do with Potter wilfully breaking up the Dunk-Duffy Barrier and installing something far weaker

well there is definitely something amiss because thats 2 piss poor goals to concede when apparently , according to brains trust , we have the 2 best centre backs in England .....pathetic defending really ......get it the **** out is what we were told at county level at 22 pound a game....!!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Whilst that is very true, there’s no need to be so weak in the air, playing LCB, RCB or middle of the 3 doesn’t excuse not jumping for headers.

Very disappointing that both headers were inside the 6 yard box, could Ryan have come for either?

Agree, but Ryan is a massive part of the problem. He never comes for it and just stays rooted to his spot and waves his arms about after its in the net. He must come and clear his area. Punch it etc.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We've got Webster playing his 4th Prem game on the left of a 3, We've got White playing his 4th Prem game on the right of a 3, We've got Dunk playing his 4th Prem game in the middle of that 3? Sometimes things take time?

You don’t get time in the Premier League. If they are meant to be good enough then they should be able to do it.

I think it’s time to try Veltman.

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
Forget about our defense, but our Maupay/Connolly partnership is not working for me. Connolly, in particular, seems to only want to impress us by his work rate... but he does not steal any balls or force any bad passes, just a lot of running around. As a striker, you've got to bring more... I would bring in Mac Ali for Connolly at half time.

Weird change

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What is with the portacabin at Goodison?

Like being back at the Withdean.

Bring on Gary Hart.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Nice to see Hoops still giving Everton cheap free kicks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Stop Lamptey. Win free kicks. Beat Brighton.
Expect a lot of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here