Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Evergreen songs and albums

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
everything that U2 ever did has aged like milk.

apart from 'Until The End Of The World' and 'Numb'

'numb' is brilliant

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I’ve just opened a thread and the first 3 songs hit me in the face.

Uncertain Smile - My School days and the backdrop to the Cup Final, the 12” version was wonderful but as great as that was I still regularly listening to the bonus tracks that came on the Soul Mining cassette, notably Waiting For The Upturn

Party Fears Two - Timeless, a great song about two lunatic local girls that seriously needed ASBO’s.im not a massive fan of cover versions but The Divine Comedy version could have been written for them.

Number One Song In Heaven - My favourite band of all time, and this was the first time they demonstrated what was to come regarding changing and adapting their style with time but retaining their uniqueness. At that age my friends didn’t have a lot of records but I had the album in coloured vinyl and the three 12” singles in picture disc which I still have to this day.

Anyway back to the subject matter of the thread, in the last few years I’ve been listening to Talking Heads more than ever. I’d certainly call their albums evergreen

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I’ll never forget one of my older brothers telling me about Uncertain Smile and playing it. He worked at a trendy American restaurant in New Road Brighton called Leadbelly’s late 70’s/very early 80’s … he discovered amazing music very early doors.

You’re right, still sounds as crisp and relevant as when new.

Similarly, from that he put me onto the brilliant album Seventeen Seconds by The Cure.

For your thread I’ll add this timeless masterpiece.

I still love that, but (for me at least) it is absolutely NOT 'timeless'. It sounds exactly of its time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Always surprised at how modern this sounds considering its over 50 years old.

Shades of Happy Mondays in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here