Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever wondered what Twitter looked like in the 1950s?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its the last bit that winds me up, heroes FFS, I know the tweet was yesterday but when we are remembering those poor souls who had their lives destroyed 10 years ago the word heroes for a bunch of women who did ok playing football leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

Get a grip, please.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It must be hard work living life in a state of perpetual offence on other people's behalf.

I'm far from offended. It takes a lot to offend me. I'm more embarrassed by an association which is supposed to represent the sport I follow.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm far from offended. It takes a lot to offend me. I'm more embarrassed by an association which is supposed to represent the sport I follow.
I tend to take pride or embarrassment from my own success or shortcomings. No time for stuff like this, which is trivial in relation to some of the stuff that happens in life.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:eek:

:facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I tend to take pride or embarrassment from my own success or shortcomings. No time for stuff like this, which is trivial in relation to some of the stuff that happens in life.

No time for stuff like this....yet you're actively reading and posting. Yeah, right.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Yes, you've pointed out you have no time whatsoever for this over several posts now ;-)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

You never feel proud of anyone for their achievements? Never felt a bit gutted for someone when they do something g embarrassing? There's a word for people who can't feel anything on the behalf of others.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You never feel proud of anyone for their achievements? Never felt a bit gutted for someone when they do something g embarrassing? There's a word for people who can't feel anything on the behalf of others.

Think you're confusing the words pride and admiration.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Exactly this. Football's outdated and anachronistic attitudes are a constant source of embarrassment for me. Admittedly, this is the tip of the iceberg but it's just so ****ing stupid, it shouldn't need anyone to point it out to them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
If the following was written about the mens team, would you give it a second look?

Our lions go back to being fathers, partners and sons today, but they've taken on another title- heroes.

I would think it was a very weird thing to say if the FA released this tweet about the men's football team returning from a good World Cup - really very underwhelming. I don't doubt it was well-intentioned and that they were trying for an elegant tone, but they've said the wrong thing. Which they now acknowledge.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exactly this. Football's outdated and anachronistic attitudes are a constant source of embarrassment for me. Admittedly, this is the tip of the iceberg but it's just so ****ing stupid, it shouldn't need anyone to point it out to them.

I'm totally with you on this.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The women should think themselves lucky they don't cop the kind of abuse the men's team does.

Or do they get absued and ridiculed in public all the time as well?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
But they're not amateurs.
really ? they might as well be, i couldnt name a single one , not even the one who put in the own goal, despite the media trying to pretend otherwise most blokes couldnt give a **** about womens football, note i said blokes, as in lads, geezers, not the metrosexual,cargo trouser wearing types that come on here droning on about getting a ''footy'' fix at the albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here