Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever met someone famous who turned out to be a total arse?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Bruce Forsyth. Met him when i was on the price is right. He was so uninterested it was untrue. Very cold.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Also met Jimmy Saville a couple of days ago. He didn't even acknowledge me.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Saw Francis rossi on Brighton seafront about 20 years ago. He was wearing a status quo tour jacket and was standing on his own. I asked for his autograph and he said no as he was with his son and had promised him his full attention. Fair enough I thought until I saw him again half an hour later with still no son but chatting up some young sorts.

John nettles was an arse. I was an extra on bergerac and he behaved like a prima donna on set. Tony Robinson who was in the same episode was by contrast a real gent.

Met Naomi Wilkinson (formerly of milkshake) and Steve Backshall from live and deadly and they were brilliant with my 4 year old and were very polite to the staff where they were filming.

James Martin from Saturday kitchen was also very pleasant

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Gareth Barry at the cricket- Complete diamond, i think i shouted out something along the lines of 'f*** me, is that Gareth Barry?!' He just winked and was happy too take pics, He even gave my mate his scorecard thing!

Norman Cook- really nice fella, signed my programme a fair few years back

Tubes from soccer AM- best of 'em all. He Was on the phone when i asked him for a pic, told his mate he was speaking too' Shut up for a minute ' so i could have a picture with him, before seeming genuinely hounered i'd recognised him!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The nicest celeb I've met personally is Barry Cryer - extremely funny, very humble, and generous with his time.

Totally agree. Seems to have an unlimited number of jokes but is extremely unpretentious and utterly charming.

According to a mate of mine, Rod Stewart and Jason Donovan.

To give another side to Rod Stewart. I was with my then girlfriend in Harrods just before Christmas and her handbag tipped up with all contents on the floor. She and I bent down to pick things up and were joined by the bloke next to us, who turned out to be Rod Stewart who was chatting amiably to us. He didn't have to help but it was decent of him to do so - changed my mind about him as I'd previously thought he was a cock.

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Bumped into matt prior in hove. Really nice bloke. Gary lineker at wentworth golf club, had time to stop and have a chat. On the other hand Eddie Jordan was a short arse moody git, his wife was very friendly though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jon Pertwee, self important luvvie.

In contrast Arthur Brown of I am the God of Hellfire fame came across as a nice guy.

farawaysaint

Oct 1, 2011
God yes, most of the professional sportsmen I've met have turned out to be complete arrogant tossers. Shaun Pollock and Makhaya Ntini by exception who I met on the golf course are the nicest and most modest people you could ever hope to come across.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Mark Chadwick, the lead singer of "The Levellers" drinks in one of my locals when he's not on tour... A really nice guy, a bit on the shy side but always has a chat... I wouldn't describe us as mates but he knows my name (that's good enough for me lol).

Ollie Smith, one of the wine buffs from "Saturday Kitchen" also likes a drink in the same pub occasionally and has been known to send a beer my way ... Cheers fella!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Johnny Marr, clearly the inspiration for 'This Charming Man', spoke for ages at a party about life on the road, Mozza being a bit of a cock, and all things City for a couple of hours.

Without doubt the greatest night of my life (with the exception of the one with the Latvian twin sisters).

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I never really wanted to slag a local legend, but I will.

25 years ago, I used to be Steve Ovett's postie, when he had a cracking appartment in Montpelier Crescent (No. 27 I think).

He was very rarely there, obviously due to his career.

But now and then he was, and he was a grumpy, self important egotist of the highest order. Used to call him Mimi at the PO.

Still loved him when he won gold though.

I used to go to school with Steve Ovett. Even at 8 he was a cocky sod and was always bragging about how good he was at running. He challenged me to a race down Balfour Road, which I won. I was 10 at the time,though.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Secretary at company I used to work for, went on Supermarket sweep with her sister some years ago. In front of camera Dale Winton was very friendly, total cock backstage, woudn't talk to any of the contestants and hid away in his dressing room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here