Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evening 'season ticket' for the Amex. Nice idea

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I see that there's a student price of £50.00

Yet there are no reductions for students on 'normal' STs, they pay full price once over 18

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
but midweek, it is. People can't wait around for a couple of hours to booze up, they want to go home and go to bed.

As a result - this board and social media are flooded with complaints that don't appear at weekends.

I know plenty of fairweather fans not interested in going midweek for that very reason.
You always get people who moan about things more vocal than those who don't. I'm not saying it's the same as weekend matches is just not too bad. I can get home by 23.15 most midweek matches which is reasonable for me.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I see that there's a student price of £50.00

Yet there are no reductions for students on 'normal' STs, they pay full price once over 18

The club needs to review this and other pricing decisions. For example a ten year old will pay an u18 season ticket price for any seat outside the family stand. That's madness.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
For a stadium that relies on staggered getaways for the transport to work, midweek evening matches are always going to be a massive challenge. If my kids were still little, I wouldn't subject them to that scary stampede post-match charge for the station in the dark. And if I lived any further than about three miles away I wouldn't subject myself to it either. As it is, I usually take one look at the train queue, say f**kit and end up walking halfway down Lewes Road til I can pick up a stray cab or non-chocka bus.

Agree on the kids part, but don't understand the rest of it. I've been to most evening games at the Amex, and have never got home later than midnight when living in North-West London and getting the train. And I've never left a game before the final whistle. It isn't as bad as people make out.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
For a stadium that relies on staggered getaways for the transport to work, midweek evening matches are always going to be a massive challenge. If my kids were still little, I wouldn't subject them to that scary stampede post-match charge for the station in the dark. And if I lived any further than about three miles away I wouldn't subject myself to it either. As it is, I usually take one look at the train queue, say f**kit and end up walking halfway down Lewes Road til I can pick up a stray cab or non-chocka bus.
why are you getting a train if you live less than three miles away?!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agree on the kids part, but don't understand the rest of it. I've been to most evening games at the Amex, and have never got home later than midnight when living in North-West London and getting the train. And I've never left a game before the final whistle. It isn't as bad as people make out.

Agreed. I live 70 miles from the Amex, have been to every evening game since it opened, and am always home before midnight. And my kids (not so small anymore) come with me.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
This is a great idea. I gave up playing after 20 years when the Amex opened, but there are lots of lads who play on a saturday who will take advantage of this I think :)

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
What would be nice is a personalised season ticket where i give them all the dates I can go to (because I work some Saturdays), up front at the start of the season. They then price me accordingly!!

That would defeat the object, this is not aimed at season ticket holders who attend most matches and maybe miss 4 or 5 games. They have your money. It's aimed at non STHs to try and lure them in.
Your idea of a personalised ST is only helpful to the individual and not the club. 20 odd thousand STHs all with different dates that they can not make, which means more seats on match day for the club to fill.
Let's take your idea and maybe go to an extreme with it.

1st match of the season, the club have already sold the 20odd thousand STs, so now are looking to plug the gaps, at this point it does not matter if the STHs do not turn up, as the club have the revenue.
Your idea could go this way

1st match of the season of the 20 thousand odd STHs holders, there are 3,000 still on holiday or can not make it. So the club have lost the revenue for those tickets, therefore they have to resale them before they can sale any extra seats. What business sense does that make.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
You always get people who moan about things more vocal than those who don't. I'm not saying it's the same as weekend matches is just not too bad. I can get home by 23.15 most midweek matches which is reasonable for me.

I get that, but the more casual fan is less likely to be arsed with the faff - e.g. queuing the width of Brighton station to get on Hove trains, queuing for 40 mins to get on a train to Lewes etc.

Sadly, the club seem to have decided midweek transport can't be improved, so we just have to deal with it.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

Walk towards the bridge car park and then grab a 49. Works every time.

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's a good idea, worth a try.

Under 18s for free or £1 with a full paying adult would be good too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here