Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evening 'season ticket' for the Amex. Nice idea

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Be good if they did an equivalent for those of us that cannot get to Evening games.

True - midweek games are much harder to get to for fans who don't live locally. I have a season ticket but can hardly ever make evening matches, even though I have paid for them.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Until they try it and find out its not as bad as the doomsayers tell them

but midweek, it is. People can't wait around for a couple of hours to booze up, they want to go home and go to bed.

As a result - this board and social media are flooded with complaints that don't appear at weekends.

I know plenty of fairweather fans not interested in going midweek for that very reason.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
...who will probably go anyway for those reasons *the penny drops*

But they will pick and choose their matches, maybe going to 4 or so of the 6. This way the club gets the cash for all 6 and the additional match day spend.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
What would be nice is a personalised season ticket where i give them all the dates I can go to (because I work some Saturdays), up front at the start of the season. They then price me accordingly!!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What would be nice is a personalised season ticket where i give them all the dates I can go to (because I work some Saturdays), up front at the start of the season. They then price me accordingly!!

Your comment may be flippant, but it surely wouldn't be that hard to do something along those lines for people who work some weekends and evenings, as a lot of people do in our '24 hour society' and know what shift patterns they'll be working throughout the season. The club could be missing a trick here...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Your comment may be flippant, but it surely wouldn't be that hard to do something along those lines for people who work some weekends and evenings, as a lot of people do in our '24 hour society' and know what shift patterns they'll be working throughout the season. The club could be missing a trick here...

Technologically it wouldn't be difficult with the smartcards, but probably too complicated for the club to contemplate - and wouldn't make sense financially, as at the moment people buy season tickets even if they know there are certain dates they are unlikely to be able to make.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
I'd like a block booking/season ticket for games that meet all the following criteria: is only for games we win, the chilli pie is available, it doesn't rain and the temperature in the ground doesn't fall below 17 degrees.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013

I was being fairly serious actually. Then again, I am and have been willing to purchase a season ticket for the past few seasons, so the club already 'have me'.
However, I could definitely pinpoint dates I couldn't do, from the start of the season.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Whilst I think it's an excellent idea, I would have made it £100.00 for the five games.

Don't think it would devalue 'normal' STs but may fill a few seats.

Going back to the email, whilst it's fine to send it to existing fans, it's new fans this should be aimed at.

There are literally hundreds of Saturday league football teams in Sussex, each with a minimum of 30 players signed on.

This, IMO, is to whom this email should be (mainly) targeted.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Suggest the club gets someone to proof-read the artwork before it goes out though...

BxP26SWCYAA6lrN.jpg:large

... we appear to be playing Wigan and Huddersfield on the same day, and Leeds and Derby on the same day. Ooops.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What about those that are unable to buy a £32+ ticket, but there are gaping spaces in the ground? :wink:

Indeed and the club are going to have to wake up to the fact that it's far too much for 90 minutes of second tier football, no matter how nice the surroundings. If the match by match prices don't come down the seats are going to remain empty (as much as that doesn't need saying really!).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For a stadium that relies on staggered getaways for the transport to work, midweek evening matches are always going to be a massive challenge. If my kids were still little, I wouldn't subject them to that scary stampede post-match charge for the station in the dark. And if I lived any further than about three miles away I wouldn't subject myself to it either. As it is, I usually take one look at the train queue, say f**kit and end up walking halfway down Lewes Road til I can pick up a stray cab or non-chocka bus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here