Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Even the mancs are impressed

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
"I don't like Brighton. I don't like all the media they've recieved this season. N I certainly don't think they are a bigger club than ourselves"

A quote from the Carlisle board :lol:
A look at Brighton's new ground - Carlisle United FC forum from footymad.net

Slightly misleading that one. Full quote -

However, as a football fan, isnt it nice just to see it all fall into place nicely.

Stadiums completed in time for next season, PERFECT timing for them getting promoted into the Championship. If only Carlisle United could have matched that. Must be some feeling as a fan to be getting promoted AND going from the worst ground in the football league to one of the best at exactly the same time. Good on them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
"I don't like Brighton. I don't like all the media they've recieved this season. N I certainly don't think they are a bigger club than ourselves"

A quote from the Carlisle board :lol:
A look at Brighton's new ground - Carlisle United FC forum from footymad.net

.........................but the same poster did say this

"However, as a football fan, isnt it nice just to see it all fall into place nicely.
Stadiums completed in time for next season, PERFECT timing for them getting promoted into the Championship. If only Carlisle United could have matched that. Must be some feeling as a fan to be getting promoted AND going from the worst ground in the football league to one of the best at exactly the same time. Good on them."

which is pretty much exactly what I feel.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Quote from a Sheffield Utd fan on there...

The Brighton fans really got stitched up. Their chairman told them if they got planning permission for the Goldstone Ground it would raise it's value and they could borrow more money against it to fund the team. The fans fell for it and didn't oppose the planning application. When consent was granted, he knocked down the ground and built a ****ing retail park on the site.

Hmm...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
From the Swindon one:

batch said:
I don't know about you but knowing the club badge is in the away changing room makes me much more likely to rush and buy tickets??! I guess it was one of a number of things.

Went round Maple Leaf Gardens once (ice hockey). They deliberately made it sparsely decorated and lowered the away dressing room roof so that opposition players had to duck their heads when they had their skates on. That's the kind of psychology I'd like to see if we get a new stadium.
I'm beginning to understand why Swindon are so shit. Despite being the biggest club in the NHL, the Toronto Maple Leafs have won precisely f*** all since 1966. Since then, their arch rivals have won it NINE times. Perhaps looking at how the Toronto Maple Leafs do things is not a good way of going about things, unless you plan to do the precise opposite.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
We AGREED to planning permission for the Goldstone. Where do these people do their research? The fans didn't agree to any of it FFS!

I think this refers to a few years before the Goldstone was sold when Lloyd was still there and they wanted fans to back a plan for 'retail use' of the Goldstone to increase it's value. of course, the ground would never actually be sold....

i never fell for this. Why get retail permission if you were NOT going to use it. Still many were royally conned.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think this refers to a few years before the Goldstone was sold when Lloyd was still there and they wanted fans to back a plan for 'retail use' of the Goldstone to increase it's value. of course, the ground would never actually be sold....

i never fell for this. Why get retail permission if you were NOT going to use it. Still many were royally conned.

It would raise the value, but they removed a clause to ensure that we had somewhere permanent to play before it being sold/redeveloped.

How much did we pay in rent for the last season? £420k?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here