Evan Warren RIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oct 10, 2009
Brighton BN1 6GD
We never knew him, don't know the first thing about poker and don't really recall any posts from him but that doesn't matter.
Rest in Peace Evan & join the Albion family in the deep blue yonder. You and many others will be looking down for that first game at the Amex. A minutes silence & reflection seems the right thing to do - not sure that there will be a dry eye in the house though.
Not sure how to contribute - but put us down for £5

Condolences to his family, friends and those who know him.

RIP

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
poker will continue as normal this week its what Evan would want so we will be running this Sunday at 8. He taught me alot about poker and self control at the table as well as assisting with organising this evening every week. Hope i can carry on his good work. You will be sorely missed mate RIP

Last edited:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
poker will continue as normal this week its what Evan would want so we will be running this Sunday at 8. He taught me alot about poker and self control at the table as well as assisting with organising this evening every week. Hope i can carry on his good work. You will be sorely missed mate RIP

I would like to join as well :).

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Just read this thread from the beginning and I'm shocked as if I knew him personally. Peever, you're the salt of the earth mate. RIP Evan, hope you've got the best seat in the house when the Amex opens.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I must say that I am surprised it took this long for anyh subtle suggestings of switching my club and following Brighton. There was a quote Evan used to tell me about and it went something like this
"You can move countries, Divorce your wife, Be a lousy father, But you can never change your football club"
However, beleive me when I say I will be following Brighton with just as much interest and intent now as I do with Villa. Evan inspired me to get involved and follow Aston Villa in the manor that I do now. Ive only missed two matches this season, I know about the players and their history and progression through the season. I read about other clubs and knowh ow to banter back and forth. 3 threes ago when I first met Evan I would have been lucky to name 3 of the starting 11 for Villa or tell you anything about any other club. The passion burns strong now thanks to Evan. It would be an injustice to him if I were to jump ship. Like I say though this board and Brighton & Hove Albion The Seagulls will forever be apart of myself now.

I love it when people go from knowing that football is a game of feet and balls, to being die hard fans. Its nice to see how one person changed another persons life with football, even if its just passionate support that you didn't give before. Well played Peever and well played Evan.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Im always down for a pint mate! I will be in England in a few months and would love to meet up with any NSC members that want too.
Also I have just been informed that Evans heart has passed the tests needed and a receipient is waiting for Evans heart to change their life forever. I hope its just as big for them as it was for Evan!

Out of everything, this has been the most touching post. I'm following a lady my age on Twitter who is top of the list for a lung transplant, as she suffers with cystic fibrosis, and the risk of her dying while still waiting on the transplant list is high. Selfless donations such as this after such a tragic event gives someone the chance to have a happy, healthy, long life.

At my new job in intensive care, we work very closely with transplant co-ordinators, and the bravery of the families who are going through the worst moments of their lives is heart-warming.

You sound like an amazing friend Peever, thanks for your updates. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This is such a touching thread the organ donation is especially touching, honestly don't know what to say. RIP mate, along with all the other Albion fans that have passed, gone but not forgotten. :(

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Evan Warren / defrockedpriest

The posts on the thread say absolutely everything.

RIP

and condolences to all your friends & family

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Only just had chance to see this thread after spending nearly a week in hospital myself. Such a tragic story but the way a close friend goes out the way to make it essential that his parents got one last chance to see him and say their goodbye's is well and truly heartwarming.

Rest in Peace Evan

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Out of everything, this has been the most touching post. I'm following a lady my age on Twitter who is top of the list for a lung transplant, as she suffers with cystic fibrosis, and the risk of her dying while still waiting on the transplant list is high. Selfless donations such as this after such a tragic event gives someone the chance to have a happy, healthy, long life.

At my new job in intensive care, we work very closely with transplant co-ordinators, and the bravery of the families who are going through the worst moments of their lives is heart-warming.

You sound like an amazing friend Peever, thanks for your updates. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

The work you do is truely fantastic then. I give you alot of credit to be able to get things sorted and touch the lives of so many. I know how it all works now and I am sure you feel proud to help so many people out at a time when they need it the most.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this thread is the most heartwarming ever,although a good friend has passed away it is so good to see how we all stick together when this or some other tragedy happens.
this thread in particular has made me and I suspect lots of others tearful and that is no bad thing it shows we care about our friends through this Albion forum and I for one have loved reading your posts about one of "ours" and Evan bless him has made us a closer unit

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Tuesday there is going to be a celebration of life for Evan Warren. I should have the confirmed times later today and I will let you all know what the time frame is. So if youd like to take a moment then to think about Evan and offers your thoughts and prayers you will be able to. The funneral wont be till later next week as it will be down in Southern Ontario where his family lives. Will keep everyone updated of course.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Tuesday there is going to be a celebration of life for Evan Warren. I should have the confirmed times later today and I will let you all know what the time frame is. So if youd like to take a moment then to think about Evan and offers your thoughts and prayers you will be able to. The funneral wont be till later next week as it will be down in Southern Ontario where his family lives. Will keep everyone updated of course.

So sad.
That's good to know, thanks, will be thinking of him then.
Glad it was peaceful and with no pain in the end.
RIP Evan x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports