Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evan Warren RIP

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
This is NSC at it's very best, as Gritt23 so eloquently put, from time to time there are fights and disagreements but when something tragic like this happens everyone pulls together and supports one of our own.

That post by Peever was one of the most saddest, shocking but at the same time uplifting things I have ever read. Peever you sound like an extraordinary friend and thank you so much for keeping us updated on everything.

I'd fully support any tribute on Saturday or the next home game as it's the very least we can do.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
R.I.P Evan, such sad news for someone so young.

Makes me believe even more that there should definitely be a minutes silence or better still applause at the first game at the Amex, for all those people that never made it to see Thee Albion reach there new home. God bless you all

There really, really should be. Another bit of sad news is that my nan passed away yesterday. She took my Dad and it was he who took me and we've all been going together for years. She was a season ticket holder every year until this season as she wasn't well enough to get to the games. It's so gutting that she, and Evan and countless others never quite made it and a tribute before the game would be very touching.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
There really, really should be. Another bit of sad news is that my nan passed away yesterday. She took my Dad and it was he who took me and we've all been going together for years. She was a season ticket holder every year until this season as she wasn't well enough to get to the games. It's so gutting that she, and Evan and countless others never quite made it and a tribute before the game would be very touching.

I really am very sorry to hear of your loss, I do hope someone can influence the club to do this and pay a masssive tribute to all those that will never see falmer in all it's glory.

Our thoughts and condolances to you and your family at a very sad time.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Never knew him but I remember Evan's postings on here. Definitely one of the good guys.

He clearly had a very good friend in you Peever, just read your account of what happened. Good on you.

RIP

and I've agreed before with the minute's silence/applause before the first game for those not lucky enough to be there. Think this should be done somehow.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

Sorry to hear that mate. Definitely should be a tribute at that game.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Shocking circumstances, as other have eloquently commented, and what a star you are, Peever. This is probably not the right time to suggest a switch in allegiance, eh ???

Always enjoyed the Priest's contributions. As an expat far, far from home and the glories of the Amex, and a very occasional poster these days (but a very regular reader) it is truly awesome to know that NSC can be a tight-knit, cohesive family that can rise to a sad occasion so gloriously. It reminds me all too vividly of the shock on '01 when we learned about Robert Eaton.

D. Priest, you were one of our own, and you will be missed.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
RIP Evan - incredibly sad

£5 donation is the least I can do
Out of respect Sundays Poker Tournament should be posponend, or all monies donated to charity

Sorry, but Ev wouldnt want that, he was the inaugarol NSC Poker Champion 2010 and has been e-mailing everyone that has ever played over the previous season to try and get more players each week, and it was working, this last couple of weeks we have had more than ever.
A more fitting show of respect would be for even more people to play this Sunday, after all, it was the only time we ever got to talk with him and enjoy his company.
Cheers

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
I tend to avoid threads like this but have finally read it and feel monumentally guilty for not reading it sooner.
This has aswell knocked me for six. But the resounding togetherness of NSC at the loss of one of our family is wonderful to see. I have been receiving invites to come back to the poker evenings which I am going to do my very best to get to this Sunday.

All I can really say is RIP and travel safe on your next journey.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
RIP to somebody who by the sounds of it will be greatly missed by the NSC community.
Hope nobody will mind me posting this link but Evan had supported REMF and from reading this thread seems like he had a great sense of humour and would probably find a palace fan running the brighton marathon in a brighton shirt highly amusing so if anybody could please donate it would be very much appreciated by both me and the fund.

Kevin Risby is fundraising for Robert Eaton Memorial Fund

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
Sorry, but Ev wouldnt want that, he was the inaugarol NSC Poker Champion 2010 and has been e-mailing everyone that has ever played over the previous season to try and get more players each week, and it was working, this last couple of weeks we have had more than ever.
A more fitting show of respect would be for even more people to play this Sunday, after all, it was the only time we ever got to talk with him and enjoy his company.
Cheers
I'm with you there Hailsham. It would certainly be the last thing that I would want. I think we should consider naming the event / trophy after him though?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Maybe, if there is enough left in the donation pot after the Memorial Stone is paid for, we could buy a Poker Trophey, The Evan Warren Cup sounds good to me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe, if there is enough left in the donation pot after the Memorial Stone is paid for, we could buy a Poker Trophey, The Evan Warren Cup sounds good to me.

There is going to be a LOT left after the memorial stone. We'll need to decide where that should be channelled. I'll post an update tonight.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
Very sad news. I've followed this thread from the start and Evan will be sadly missed by many. Seemed like a genuine bloke from what I've heard and read on here, and life's very cruel. RIP Evan.

Also would like to say what a great friend you are, Peever. anyone would be extremely lucky to have you as a friend.

Just a suggestion, but 'cpfc remf captain' could have Evan's name on the back of the shirt, although I doubt he'd want his name on a palace fan. :blush:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Cheers

Spot on , and as Evan would say Cheers nice 1 :)

Siobhan

Jan 26, 2011
Evan was a lucky man to be part of this community. Daniel Peever, you are a giant among men. Thank you for being with Evan during his final days

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There is going to be a LOT left after the memorial stone. We'll need to decide where that should be channelled. I'll post an update tonight.

Here lies the answer I believe, if agreed by the family

The Robert eaton memorial fund is close to his heart. I know over chrostmass he made a £600 donation. I encourage everyone to make a donation in his name.
I am no a work friend but just a close friend. Yes work has some emergency info but all he put was a local women who he is close friends with.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I must say that I am surprised it took this long for anyh subtle suggestings of switching my club and following Brighton. There was a quote Evan used to tell me about and it went something like this
"You can move countries, Divorce your wife, Be a lousy father, But you can never change your football club"
However, beleive me when I say I will be following Brighton with just as much interest and intent now as I do with Villa. Evan inspired me to get involved and follow Aston Villa in the manor that I do now. Ive only missed two matches this season, I know about the players and their history and progression through the season. I read about other clubs and knowh ow to banter back and forth. 3 threes ago when I first met Evan I would have been lucky to name 3 of the starting 11 for Villa or tell you anything about any other club. The passion burns strong now thanks to Evan. It would be an injustice to him if I were to jump ship. Like I say though this board and Brighton & Hove Albion The Seagulls will forever be apart of myself now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here