Evan Warren RIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Just read Peever's post. Wow. Words just can't describe the emotions felt. Much respect to you Peever for all you did and for sharing with us so soon afterwards. Great to hear his organs have found new homes too. Incredibly moving stuff.

RIP Evan

Last edited:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Just read Peever's post. Wow. Words just can't describe the emotions felt. Much respect to you Peever for all you did and for sharing with us so soon afterwards. Great to hear his organs have found new homes too. Incrediblely moving stuff.

RIP Evan

Thank you so much. Its great that the organs have now helped 4 people. For anyone just getting to this thread now refer to the 13th page for my post about everything.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
That is the saddest, most moving thing I have ever read.

I am speechless and moved.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Thank you so much. Its great that the organs have now helped 4 people. For anyone just getting to this thread now refer to the 13th page for my post about everything.

Peever.
I hope, when time has passed and things have moved on... that you will still be here, and become part of the day-to day life of NSC.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Peever.
I hope, when time has passed and things have moved on... that you will still be here, and become part of the day-to day life of NSC.

I will be :)

evan1.jpg

This photo is here in THunder Bay from a moutain look out point over to Lake Superior with our famous Sleeping Giant rock formation behind Evan. It was one of his favourite pictures and one of the few times I saw him speechless. Its a quality picture of him and I think I am one of the few fortunante enough to have pictures like this of Evan.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I will be :)

evan1.jpg

This photo is here in THunder Bay from a moutain look out point over to Lake Superior with our famous Sleeping Giant rock formation behind Evan. It was one of his favourite pictures and one of the few times I saw him speechless. Its a quality picture of him and I think I am one of the few fortunante enough to have pictures like this of Evan.

That's a superb picture, Deserves a spot on the mural too if you ask me.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
What else can I add?

Peevers account of what happened was just about the most moving thing I've ever read on NSC.

RIP Even and those details, plus the pictures just bring it home that there are actual people behind thos names so be a little nicer to each other out there.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is actually an extremely uplifting read. Peever, you are certainly anyone would be so proud to call you a friend. I am sure Evan knows just what a friend you are.

When my father died of something very similar at the same age as I am now, I was shocked at the time at the lack of close friends he actually had.

As I said earlier, may Evan rest in peace and may you find strength in your friendship with him. When you come over to the UK, please make yourself known and I am sure there are a lot of people on here who would love to meet you.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
One more here that I forgot I had. This one is in a small town about 20 minutes from Thunder Bay known as Kakabeka Falls. Its a very big tourist draw and this day was the same day as the picture above and it was the first time in years I had been to either locations. First time Evan had gone to either as well after living here for 3 years.

evankb.jpg

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Just read your account Peever and it made me cry for the first time in years. My thoughts go out to you and friends and family. Sadly I never met him but he sounds like a top man.

RIP Evan

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Just read your account Peever and it made me cry for the first time in years. My thoughts go out to you and friends and family. Sadly I never met him but he sounds like a top man.

RIP Evan

He was a top bloke. Very influential in my life and the mannor in which I support and follow Football now. Like I said he is the reason I booked my trip to England and the reason I am coming to see Villa play. We spent many a night having some pints of beer at the pub or tins at his flat talking all about Football. I was always kept up to date on the happenings of Brighton and Falmer. Esspecially Murray. I think he had a secret man crush with Murray (o lalala) Never short of something to say or a story. As you say bhamex a top top man.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
RIP Evan - incredibly sad

£5 donation is the least I can do
Out of respect Sundays Poker Tournament should be posponend, or all monies donated to charity

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Peever and gabbylicious, you should both be very proud of the efforts you went to in tracking down Evans family. They are probably too grief-stricken to properly express how grateful they are, but the thought of your children dying before you is horrific, but to have found out about it after the event, not even getting to see them; well that's just unimaginable. You did a tremendous thing there.

As for NSC, this is a funny place. We can have heated rows with each other over the slightest thing, but something like this happens, and there is not a childish keyboard warrior amongst us. We all grow up in an instant. I've never met Evan, never PM'd him, never played poker with him, but I've just spent half an hour reading through this thread, getting more and more emotional as the story developed. Then the story of the last few days from Peever, and I'm not ashamed to say I was sat here with trears rolling down my cheeks.

I knew him as no more than Defrocked Priest, I pictured him as nothing more than his avatar, and my knowledge of him didn't extend beyond his posts, and that's my loss.

RIP Evan, this thread has moved me deeply. I'm not a religious man, but I truly hope you are looking down on us come the glorious day in August, at Falmer.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
RIP Evan - like so many others I never knew you other than via NSC but I sit here with tears in my eyes - but for the grace of God go any of us. There'll be a fair few raising a glass to you come August in our new spiritual home.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Peever and Gabbylicious, once every thing settles down I hope you take in game at our new stadium.

If you have trouble getting a ticket, I'd be more than happy to give you mine. I'm sure the club would allow this under the circumstances :)

I will of course be sitting in the official NSC West Stand Upper Area. Anywhere else just isn't the same.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Peever and Gabbylicious, once every thing settles down I hope you take in game at our new stadium.

If you have trouble getting a ticket, I'd be more than happy to give you mine. I'm sure the club would allow this under the circumstances :)

I will of course be sitting in the official NSC West Stand Upper Area. Anywhere else just isn't the same.

I fully intend to be there for the first match in August as I know how much it ment to Evan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports