Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evan Warren RIP

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
R.I.P Evan, such sad news for someone so young.

Makes me believe even more that there should definitely be a minutes silence or better still applause at the first game at the Amex, for all those people that never made it to see Thee Albion reach there new home. God bless you all

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Makes me believe even more that there should definitely be a minutes silence or better still applause, for all those people that never made it to see Thee Albion reach there new home. God bless you all
I think this would be a far more fitting tribute to Evan and others like him, than a chant specifically about a poster on NSC that will mean nothing to those who don't use this board which to be honest, seems a little inappropriate.

I'd really like to see a minute's applause 5 mins before kick off in the new season, in honour of all those supporters who have sadly passed away since the Goldstone and are not here to see the club at it's shiny new home.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Real sad that is.I remember sending me a pm out of the blue.

May 12, 2010
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3930614 said:
Feel absoutely numb at the moment, really really shocked and saddened. Although I never got to meet him personally, it came to be a long running joke between me and Evan that after every game at Withdean he'd message me saying he saw me looking over my shoulder for him again. Everytime I logged onto MSN without fail he'd always message me asking how I was and even when I got banned from here just before Christmas he discovered I was posting under another account, he was the first to PM me and say how glad he was to see me back. A truly warm and amiable man and when someone touches you like that, it's more then just an internet friend, they're a part of your life.
Can't believe I'll never get the chance now to finally say hello to him or even just receive one of his cheery messages. God Bless you Evan, taken much too soon :down:

If anyone would like to do a little tribute to him at Watford Saturday, even if it's just writing his name on blank t-shirts I'd be all for it.

There have been some moving posts on here during the last 24 hours or so. However due to the usual (amusing) content of your posts I've found this one the most poignant.
RIP Evan.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We've lost one of our own :(

RIP Evan

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Very sad. Always enjoyed reading his posts.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
With regards to the 'One Evan Warren' chant would it be possible someone made up some leaflets or something to explain whats going on to the non nsc-ers.

We should try and make this really spectacular & the more the message is spread the more people will become involved.

This is NSC, we ruined a homophobic Stockport fan. We rig polls. We beat Matt Whistler.

When everybody on here works together we can do anything. We can spread the word...

Assuming the information we have is correct, and I have absolutly no reason to think it is not, Evan would have been 47 this coming June.

No age, R.I.P, thoughts go out to all his friends and family.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Awful to lose one so young. His family and friends must be distraught. I hope the words on here give some comfort. NSC will be the poorer without his posts. One of the best.

RIP Evan. "May light perputual shine on you"

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
I am I, and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other, that we still are.
Call me by my old familiar name,
Speak to me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no difference in your tone,
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me and if you want to, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was,
Let it be spoken without effect,
Without the trace of a shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was;
There is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you,
For an interval,
Somewhere very near,
Just around the corner.
All is well.

Rest Well Evan xx

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
The full story

Alright lads its time now that everyone gets the story of what has transpired since last friday night.

First off a quick bit about myself and Evan. I met him through a friend of mine that works with him. I only started following proper football after the 2006 World Cup. My buddy made a comment that he works with some "Stupid English Soccer fan" (hes not the most polite at times :laugh:). Anyway, I talked to Evan on the phone for a moment and we ended up going over to his flat. He has Brighton scarfs around his apartment and said do you know who that it is. At that point I had no idea, and since then my education began. Im sure you all know how passionate Evan is about Brighton and football in general. He has get me addicted to it (For the record I support Aston Villa) and I even booked a trip this april/may to see Villa play for the first time on his encouragment. Evan and I meet regularly for pints after work and talk football and about life in general. Evan always has a big perspective on the world and never lost for an opinion. I think that for the most part sums upme and Evan :).

Now onto the past 5 days.

Well for the last 2 weeks (little more than 5 days :lolol:) Evan has been having shoulder problems and has been off work (hes a chef) because of it. I had been taking him to chiro every morning before I went off to work. However, he's been getting bored and tired of being home. Friday night after I finished worked around 4pm est I rang up Evan to go for a pint and get out of his house. He was thinking of staying in and trying to sleep but I convinced him to come out. Picked him up bout 5:10 and we had a drink,

An hour later as we were watching some sports highlights Evan got up suddenly and went to the bathroom, thats not like him as he will say "popping into the lou" just so I know where hes going. I knew something was up right away. He came out staggering around and saying he was dizzy and grabbing his head. I was trying to get him to sit down but then he just said Hospital, Now. I had to hold onto him by his jacket as we went as he wasnt walking straight. As we went he said he couldnt see anymore and shortly after he couldnt feel his legs. He took one more step and fell back into me. I ran inside and got them to call an ambulance, I then ran back out and bear hugged evan and dragged him back inside as it was about -40 outside.

We had him sitting on the bench in the lobby of the restaurant but after a moment or so he waso n the floor as he couldnt support himself up. He's yelling in pain and screaming for us to help him. His face went beat red from his blood pressure sky rocketing and he was throwing up a bit as he lay there. At this point Evan took the touque of his head and gave it to me and said take it Pervy (his nickname for me). Its his Brighton and Hove Albrion Touque. I now have it set up on top of my tv and thats where it will stay. The fire department showed up first and get him on oxygen as he has gasping for air. About 30 seconds after the ambulance pulled up Evan went totally unresponsive for about 20 seconds. Off they went to the hospital and grabbed my best friend (the one I met Evan through, his name is Jeff) and we went up to the hospital.

Evan was admitted at 7:01 pm on Friday night. Shortly after 8 the took myself and Jeff into a private room. I looked at Jeff and said itsn ever good news when your in here. Sure enough we found out that Evan had massive bleeding in his head. They couldnt tell for sure what it was but figured an aneurysm. They didnt know just how bad it was at this point but all they could say is Evan was very sick and he said at this point it didnt look good. They had to put a tube into his head right to the middle of his brain to drain fluid and try and releive the pressure. In total almost 2 litres of fluid were drained over the 5 days.

Jeff and I left to make contact with people and to find information for parents. We went to his place of work, they had nothing. We went to Evans apartment and he had nothing written down. No numbers no anything. Evan is a very private person. So none of this surprised us. The only emergency contact we had was a close friend here in town. We called her right away. While at his apartment his passport had his mothers name down as emergency contact. Now, at this point we were under the impression that his parents still lived in England. So the Canadian address at the bottom we figured as fake or his old address when he lived there. We could find nothing with England numbers so we left.

Saturday was a day of waiting and meeting with friends. His friend Ann made it there in the afternoon. All of us doing searches for names etc and even some of you lot on here and my board doing searches as well. Nothing was turned up and the day for the most part was uneventful. Though me and the boys drank 10 bottles of wine later on :lolol:.

Sunday again was a "dull" day of searching and being led to nothing but dead ends.

Monday is when things kicked into high gear for the search. I was on the phone with the British Embassey in Ottawa trying to get them to locate his parents in England. We got the Ontario Provincial Ploice involved in the search. We got alot of people searching for Evan;s parents. I called Scotland Yard, I called Sussex Police, anything that would help. Thanks to Paj the guy at the embassey as he gave me his direct line and even his mobile incase things happened after hours and he could be told. Him and I called back and forth about a dozen times. I had to work a few hours in the morning but was at the hospital by 1230. I was just in time as Evan was finally getting his 2nd CT of his head and we will know what to expect.

THis is when we knew things were grim. There was still alot of fluid and blood in his head. He had a hemorage caused by the force of the initial aneurysm. This is what did the most damage. It happened right in the middle of his brain were all the fibres and nerves get tunneled through a small area. It happened in this exact spot. The worst spot to have iti n his head. Also between this time and friday he had a stroke cause by all this as well. They told us the course of action at this point and that Evan should make it till the morning atl east. At which time he will be tested and most likely declared "brain dead". Myself and Ann were in the room for this discussion and it was devestating. Thinking about it now still is.

After getting the rest of the people at the hospital informed on what was next I had to get out of the hospital for a bit. I hadnt eaten in almost 24 hours I hadnt showered and alot of things. I took a break and went home.

Jeff and I went back to see him and have our private time with Evan. My talk will stay in my head. Though I did mention all the support and kind words you lads had for him and how everyone was pulling for him. Eventually, Jeff and I left around 1am Tuesday morning.

On the ride home I was reading this thread and someone made a comment about checking the passport. I was typing in that we did and it wasnt right. Then I realized something. We found out that Evan is Canadin by birth, not British. We know this because his birth certificate was from Southern Ontario. I thought to myself, he lied about that, what if his parents dont actually live in England?

I couldnt remember the address but I knew his fathers name and I remember the city. I pulled up the directory onlinefor it, put the name it and then 1 result came up. When I saw the address I yelled out THATS IT! Thats the one in the passport! I called the number at 1:40am and a nice elderly lad with a british accent answered. After rambling on she told me to slow down she couldnt understand me. I said who I was and that I was friends with Evan Warren and is he your son? She said yes. I could not beleive it. I found them. I didnt tell them too much, just to call the hospital and they will tell you everything and to call me back after.

By 11am Tuesday Morning his parents were here in Thunder Bay. I met them at the airport and we dropped their bags off and went over to the hospital. They were by Evans side by 12:15pm and we gave them well over an hour with him. After a while they wanted us all back in and we shared some stories about Evan. At 2:30 pm they were going to do some final tests to check for brain activity and then let us known what was happening. They told us to go get some lunch and relax and come back a bit after 3.

We heading back at about 3:20 and as we walked down the hall the Social worker whos been with us met us half way and took the parents into her office. THis is where we found out that Evan had passed away at 3:13 pm yesterday. We had to wait to go into see him and I checked the Brighton score and realize only a minute or 2 after Brighton had gone 1-0. Dont worry Lads I told him that Brighton netted one for him.

We had our time in there and by about 5:15 we were on our way out of the hospital. His parents wanted to stay at Evans flat but Evan had no food supplies and such. So we got them a few basic groceries got them settled in and left them to get some sleep at about 7 pm. Myself and the others all gathered for a few pints and to talk about everything.

Around this point we also found out that Evans liver, and both his kidneys had been matched up with 3 receipients already and that he has changed the course of three peoples lives. A nice thought to the end of my dear friend, Evan Warren.

So there you have it everyone. The story of what has transpired over the the last 5 days. Its been a journey needless to say. The mosti mportant thing is that I got his parents here. I couldnt imagine being in that position.

Here is a picture of Evan. Taken recently at a staff christmas party. The touqe on his head is the one now above my tv.
evanpic.jpg

I cant say enough to thank you all for your kind words and support over the last few days. It has been of great comfort to myself and the others. I have told people about the brick and about the mosaic (or however you spell it :)) and they are all speechless about it. Thank you all so much.

Also, all Evan has talked about for the last year or so is the new stadium. Falmer. He was so excited for it and couldnt wait to get over there. To see it. I know he will be there with the rest of the Brighton faithful on that day. I will be too. I cant think of any other better way to honour Evan than to be there for the opening kickoff. I may not be alone as others may join me. Anyone who can help us out with anything in regards to that please pm me.

We can worry about all that later though. For now its about remember Evan. One of the most interesting, funny, intelligent men I have ever known. Cheers Evan. Thank you for everything. The next time we meet im buying the first round.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've been away from NSC for a couple of days and what a shock to see this. Thanks for the moving account, Peever. Like most of us on NSC, I never physically knew Evan but, of course, I knew him virtually and losing a member of the NSC community is a great shock. RIP Defrocked Priest and thanks to Peever for all his work on Evan's behalf.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Thank you Peever. Thank you for letting us all know the whole scenario.
I can't imagine what you, his family and of course Evan went through over those few days.
You, and the others, are true, true, friends. You should be very proud of yourselves.
May Evan rest in peace, and never be forgotten.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks for sharing that Dan - please keep in touch, especially over the coming weeks as we'll do our best to make sure Evan is remembered appropriately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here