Evan Warren RIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very sad news. Sounds like one or two made huge efforts to get word to his family, that's a great thing you did there. RIP.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Awful news, after being pleased about our win I now really couldn't care less about it. RIP Evan.

Count me in for a fiver too.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Can only say what others have said on here. I only knew him as a fellow poster, quoting posts, etc. RIP and condolences to his family. Perhaps the REMF game could be dedicated to him. I will make the effort to try to get down to it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I didn't enjoy the game so much tonight. I kept thinking, hoping that Evan would find some sort of miracle.

Last week, he was a Defrocked Priest with a bicycle kicking Jesus and then he became a person with a full name and a family.

Very sad. I was looking through some old threads to gather a few clues to see if there was a chance helping find some contacts. I stumbled across a diving thread that made me chuckle. A positive sounding chap with an adventurous streak.

I am more skint than I ever have been before, but I shall be happy to chuck in a fiver for a heritage stone.

Do please let us know of the funeral arrangements. I'd like to pay my respects.

Rest in Peace.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm absolutely stunned at what has happened concerning Evan in the 100 hours or so that have elapsed from when I got home from Bournemouth and read the first email sent to me, but this whole incident has really brought home what a precious, if not a little bizarre, community we're all part of here and the heartfelt messages on this thread further illustrate that.

A stone at the Amex is a truly splendid idea and the very least we can do. I'll post a separate thread to gather donations and make arrangements. We can then decide what to do with any extra that is forthcoming.

Rest In Peace Evan. Also: keep going with the poker because when our paths next cross, I have a few defeats to avenge.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
If I had to speak these words at the moment, I would not be able to.

I really do want to thank Peever and gabbylicious for keeping us all informed, as close friends of Evan it can't be easy, if many of us feel like we do, and many of us did not know Evan apart from through NSC, how must they feel, so thank you again both.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for all the kind words that have been said up to now on this thread, I am sure there will be more, I would like to think that we can get a transcript of this to his family, as I am sure we will do some sort of tribute to Evan.

North Stand Chat is a messageboard, a football messageboard, it is now proving how much more than just a messageboard it is, many people are truly devasted and shocked with the terrible news, but you can feel there hearts going out to Evan and his family and friends.

Evan, we are your friends, North Stand Chat is your friend.

Brighton won tonight Evan, for you!

I speak from us all when i say Rest in Peace.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I will also let veryone know what has fully happened tonight once I am home. I think it's for the best that no one is left in the dark. Unroll thank you all

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I'd like to chip in £5.

So, so sad. :(

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
£5 from me too. Always sad when any Brighton fan passes away but especially sad in these circumstances. He was an interesting and amusing poster and seemingly a thoroughly nice bloke. A memorial stone woild be a fitting way to show our friendship with Evan. RIP.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
If I had to speak these words at the moment, I would not be able to.

I really do want to thank Peever and gabbylicious for keeping us all informed, as close friends of Evan it can't be easy, if many of us feel like we do, and many of us did not know Evan apart from through NSC, how must they feel, so thank you again both.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for all the kind words that have been said up to now on this thread, I am sure there will be more, I would like to think that we can get a transcript of this to his family, as I am sure we will do some sort of tribute to Evan.

North Stand Chat is a messageboard, a football messageboard, it is now proving how much more than just a messageboard it is, many people are truly devasted and shocked with the terrible news, but you can feel there hearts going out to Evan and his family and friends.

Evan, we are your friends, North Stand Chat is your friend.

Brighton won tonight Evan, for you!

I speak from us all when i say Rest in Peace.

:bowdown:

Tony, yet again you so beautiful put into words the feeling of this thread. You're a gent. proud to say THIS!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
R.I.P Evan. losing one of our own really does hit home how fleeting life is. No doubt youll be looking down on all of us when the first whistle blows at Falmer. Sleep well.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I didn't know Evan, and hadn't talked to him much on here. But having seen his posts dotted about, and seeing the name so often on screen, it really hits hard what has happened. With everything else going on in life, it's so easy to get carried away by things that really don't matter in the slightest. And then something like this happens and you have to just stop, and think.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
The suddeness of what's happened to Evan is a harsh reminder of how precious every day is. I'm so glad his family got to his bedside in time and thankful that he had such wonderful friends who, from what I can understand, really have gone the extra mile to ensure he could be at peace with his family at the end, I'm sure this must have meant so much to them.

RIP Evan :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports