Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
John Morling who runs the Albion Academy was in charge of the Irish U18 team previously so obviously still has lots of contacts over there.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Old news I believe, but it's been confirmed as official on the Bohemians website today.
Perhaps they had to wait until the January transfer window to finalise things.

https://bohemianfc.com/?p=16057

Welcome Evan. Best of luck

The cynic is me says that in 4 or 5 years when he'll be looking to break through, we'll still be gagging for a striker, so glad we're getting them in at this age

V_001

Dec 31, 2020
Hollingdean & Dublin
Yes Evan has been with us, in and out, since last season, we always had a pre-contractual agreement with him so was always going to be a Brighton player.

I know that he wanted to finish the Irish national cup competition (he scored in and won the final just before Xmas) before coming in full time, so was always going to be confirmed in January.

Very good prospect, big, strong and quick, great eye for goal and holds the ball up very well, reminds me of a faster Teddy Sheringham.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Our young Irish striker Evan Ferguson turned 16 on 19th October.
How old was our youngest debutante?

I note he's been listed in the Guardian's preview as a possible substitute for this weekend:

Guardian - Brighton v Aston Villa: match preview

Probably a journo that hasn't a clue, or maybe he's been mentioned as a possible to get some match day experience with the first team squad?

I know, I know, nothing to see here, etc............

Seagull in Range

Oct 20, 2004
Mossley
Same article also suggests Sanders as a possible sub, Lincoln might be a bit peeved.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Our young Irish striker Evan Ferguson turned 16 on 19th October.
How old was our youngest debutante?

I note he's been listed in the Guardian's preview as a possible substitute for this weekend:

Guardian - Brighton v Aston Villa: match preview

Probably a journo that hasn't a clue, or maybe he's been mentioned as a possible to get some match day experience with the first team squad?

I know, I know, nothing to see here, etc............

I think it is still Jake Forster-Caskey, isn't it? He was aged 16 years and 13 days when he appeared against Yeovil in May 2010.

Apparently Reda Khadra is our youngest appearance-maker in the Premier League, beating Aaron Connolly by just over three weeks - Premier League - All time - Youngest appearances

By the way, the ever-correct transfermarkt thinks that our 2nd-youngest-ever debutant was the famous Dean Elder - :ohmy:???:ffsparr: - YOUNGEST AND OLDEST PLAYERS

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Would have believed it a few weeks back with Welbeck and Connolly missing but seeing as both are fit now can’t see it unless 1 of those and Tau & Zeqiri have tested positive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here