Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Richards to my knowledge has never played a single minute at striker at any level, including junior football.

Richards is the player Potter said he likes as he makes things happen? It's not all about strikers it's a team game.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Richards is the player Potter said he likes as he makes things happen? It's not all about strikers it's a team game.

How is that relevant to us having only three strikers in the squad, one of whom is constantly injured and one who has scored 5 goals ever?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You'll probably see him a lot sooner than that. He came on as sub in the EFL cup game at Cardiff, and Zeqiri who was the starting striker in that game has now gone.

Every chance you'll see him against Swansea in a couple of weeks.

We will but even though it's his manager verses his manager's old team Swanny won't.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
How is that relevant to us having only three strikers in the squad, one of whom is constantly injured and one who has scored 5 goals ever?

How many strikers do we need? who should we have signed and who should they have replaced? The club do long term not wasting money on the here and now hoping it pays off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some people are overly obsessed with the word "striker". Who are Man Citys "strikers" for example, or do they just have midfielders who score goals.

Quite. Having a big lad up top is for old school sides like Villa, Palace, Everton (mind you they have a great squad) and Newcastle. We're (aiming to be) better than that.

If we do singe a big lump of a target man, a little bit of me will die.

Unless it's Lukaku, obviosly.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Just hold on a second. We had Chris Wood playing for our first team. Aged 19 in League One. There were plenty of fans more than happy to write him off and send him back.

Think about that for a second. Evan is a big strong lad, he has a decent touch and he scored a lovely back post headed goal recently for the U23s. The ball and defenders ending up in the back of the net. It wasn't a classic header, he is still very much work in progress.

Not may big powerful forwards make an impression at a young age. Wood who has gone on to have a very successful Premier League career, is something of an exception in this regard. For many Brighton fans he was not the answer aged 19 in League One. What are some of you people asking for here?

That thug Norman Whiteside was playing top-level football at 17 and crippling one of our players in an FA Cup final when he had just turned 18.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Richards to my knowledge has never played a single minute at striker at any level, including junior football.

That's possibly the strangest thing I've read on here. How on earth would you have even the remotest idea what positions he's played in his life?! Bizarre. I don't think he's ever going to have a career as a striker, but to so confidently state he's never played there, even in junior football, is bizarre.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Some people are overly obsessed with the word "striker". Who are Man Citys "strikers" for example, or do they just have midfielders who score goals.

Do you mean that M. City that have spent a fortune on their midfield and expect them to score goals .. TB we have a plan but it involves laying out loads of dosh

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I don't really see why he seems to be ahead of Alzate in Potter's thinking this season. Alzate to me is superior in every department.

Both of them are still here and still part of our squad for this season, Potter probably wants them both for different roles?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Didnt they just bid £100m for a no9?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Yet we loan out our 20/22 year old forwards as they're not ready.

We've cocked up again in the transfer market. It's shouldn't be left to teenagers to bail us out

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Who said he is bailing us out? He may play 0 minutes all year he may not. Maybe the club has a plan. As mental as it is Sima and AZ out on loan banging them in May actually mean next summer we won’t be banging on about buying a striker because we will have 2 who are ready to play all the time along with the 3 others and Ferguson. Maybe Ferguson will go out on loan next year and do the same.
Players improve and develop by playing competitive games. Kane spent years out of loan before breaking through at Spurs. Both are going to get regular game time every week which will be more valuable to them than playing the odd cup game and 5/10 minutes here and there.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Agree. Unfortunately our build-up from the back has (so far) tended to be slow, meaning that there is little space to arrive into or opportunity for midfielders to run on to the ball. The difference between us and a Man City who are less reliant on a traditional striker is speed of thought and passing and the ability to change the pace of a move to create opportunities. Only then does clinical/non-clinical come in to it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Sigh. He is an attacking player, or a forward player if you prefer. GP looks quite happy to rely on attacking/forward players, like wot them up at Manchester Citeh do! Their attacking/forward players are better than ours, of course, that is the natural order of things - if Richards or Moder or any other of our attacking players turn out to be as good as or better than Man. City's, they will rapidly end up playing for Man.City! - but in the meantime there's no reason why we can't use some of the same ideas on how to play football as Man. City

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here