[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Might be the case but just like everyone else, they'll have to wait a year.

If Brighton made some calls to big clubs this summer, Tony could get £60-70m or something (bit depending how the end of this season goes). If he sticks around and scores 15-ish goals in the PL next season as a 19-year-old, he'll be worth £100m+. Tony knows what to do.
It’s absolutely insane. We could have three, maybe even four players potentially worth around the £100m mark in today’s market.

I never EVER thought I’d see the day.

Nialler

Aug 30, 2019
Might be the case but just like everyone else, they'll have to wait a year.

If Brighton made some calls to big clubs this summer, Tony could get £60-70m or something (bit depending how the end of this season goes). If he sticks around and scores 15-ish goals in the PL next season as a 19-year-old, he'll be worth £100m+. Tony knows what to do.
Yeah I wouldn't worry much at all. 95% Evan just signs a big contract in the summer. Brighton will have a good plan for him and by all accounts he is going nowhere just yet.
My evidence is I know people in Irish football. Was told the Bayern stuff is true so just relayed. Was more of a "wow he has everyone interested" than he is leaving Brighton comment. Brighton have the best owner in English football so never a panic there.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lots of posts on the Man U forum thread.....plenty of realism too TBF

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Hasn’t EF let it be known, recently, that he sees the Albion as THE place he wants to develop?
It appears he has, yes:

BRIGHTON wonderkid Evan Ferguson is set to snub a host of suitors to stay on the South Coast.
But the 18-year-old is in no hurry to leave Brighton and believes his development will be better served by remaining at a club where he will have more opportunities to play first-team football.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It appears he has, yes:

BRIGHTON wonderkid Evan Ferguson is set to snub a host of suitors to stay on the South Coast.
But the 18-year-old is in no hurry to leave Brighton and believes his development will be better served by remaining at a club where he will have more opportunities to play first-team football.

Expected better from you 🤣

(no interview, no quote, absolute nonsense guesswork!)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There is that. I did find it via the BBC so it must be true :)
Yeh, it’s annoying that the gossip column doesn’t seem to have at least SLIGHT standards! I saw another poster complaining about it the other day.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Lots of posts on the Man U forum thread.....plenty of realism too TBF

Bloody Hell, they've got a poster called Pogue Mahone!

How very dare he.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bloody Hell, they've got a poster called Pogue Mahone!

How very dare he.
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Thou doth protest too much, methinks!

You are not the only one from here to post on that forum and have a foot in each camp! 😛

8447C7BA-6A60-42CF-81EE-A243749FB618.jpeg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
From soccerbase

this season games with EF starting

won 9 drew 1 lost 1

games without EF starting

won 10 drew 7 lost 6

The FA Cup run obviously helps but it's still rather jolly.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's mad to think he is publically saying he wants to say. Let's get real here, every major club in World football would sign him. Gosh we've got good.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's mad to think he is publically saying he wants to say. Let's get real here, every major club in World football would sign him. Gosh we've got good.
Evan's dad Barry, former professional footballer and current development officer with the FAI, will doubtless have steered his son in completely the right direction. Boy's got all the time in the world to make his next move. It's only going to get better for the lad. It's barely even started :bowdown:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I wonder if he’ll break into this list and if so how high will he get? 14 goals needed before he’s 20 to get on the list, 40 needed to top it!

He has a year and a half. 14 is plausible, but still bloody tough. Robbie and Michael I think will be safe though

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here