Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Nialler

Aug 30, 2019
Well, respectfully, you would.

I don’t doubt he’ll get minutes, but this guy is 18 and has played a LOT of heavy duty competitive football lately. Sensible management for me.

Seen so many times in the past young players getting bludgeoned with too many playing minutes too soon. He’s crucial for the run-in and one strain today from fatigue could hurt us.

I trust 100% in RDZ.

Not vital at all - we have definitely avoided relegation! More seriously - every game from here on in is "vital" if we are to get into Europe so it makes sense to try and keep both
I am more concerned about Welbeck than looking for Fergsuon to shoot the lights out tbh. I really have never rated him. I just want "big 6" tears with Brighton in CL 🤣

Ohh f*** me what a goal ffs

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If Talksport want to be taken seriously they need to ditch Goldstein. Apart from looking like some desperate Loaded magazine z lister (it is radio after all), he genuinely seems to know absolutely nothing about football. It's not even trolling, he's just clueless. Not sure he even likes the game.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If Talksport want to be taken seriously they need to ditch Goldstein. Apart from looking like some desperate Loaded magazine z lister (it is radio after all), he genuinely seems to know absolutely nothing about football. It's not even trolling, he's just clueless. Not sure he even likes the game.
Best thing - turn off and don’t listen. “Hatedom” is a big thing. If you want people to go away, don’t listen until they’re gone.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well, respectfully, you would.

I don’t doubt he’ll get minutes, but this guy is 18 and has played a LOT of heavy duty competitive football lately. Sensible management for me.

Seen so many times in the past young players getting bludgeoned with too many playing minutes too soon. He’s crucial for the run-in and one strain today from fatigue could hurt us.

I trust 100% in RDZ.
100% this. Crucial to manage physical load and even more so at his age, otherwise he’s likely to have a shortened career. Club/R DeZ doing exactly the right thing IMO.

Nialler

Aug 30, 2019
100% this. Crucial to manage physical load and even more so at his age, otherwise he’s likely to have a shortened career. Club/R DeZ doing exactly the right thing IMO.
I have said the same multiple times. Brighton have managed it well but I would still have wanted Evan to start the next 2-3
It probably shows why Brighton are falling short this year too. Wellbeck is a lower bottom half player in a top half team
Fact is a team good enough to beat Spurs was on the pitch and Brighton got robbed anyway.
Managing someones load involves stressing someone out at times too.
The problem starts when you play every single minute of every game at club level , in Europe and Internationally like Owen.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I don’t mind Evan not playing all the time even when fit enough play. The lad is 18 years old, we don’t want him to be burnt out by his late 20s, like Rooney, Owen and Walcott. Yes, we could do with a better striker than Welbeck, but he was very unlucky to have his goal ruled out yesterday and he generally always put in a good shift.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I have said the same multiple times. Brighton have managed it well but I would still have wanted Evan to start the next 2-3
It probably shows why Brighton are falling short this year too. Wellbeck is a lower bottom half player in a top half team
Fact is a team good enough to beat Spurs was on the pitch and Brighton got robbed anyway.
Managing someones load involves stressing someone out at times too.
The problem starts when you play every single minute of every game at club level , in Europe and Internationally like Owen.
Disagree. Not sure how much you’ve watched Welbeck but you’re under rating him. Whilst Ferguson has greater potential, Welbeck is currently a better overall player and offers more to the team overall. Read RDZ’s comments after the Brentford game.

Both players are being managed perfectly at the moment, I wouldn’t have started Ferguson yesterday and I wouldn’t on Saturday against Chelsea either.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
At 18, it's ridiculous.

At 21, it would be ridiculous.

But 18, it's really ridiculous.

For perspective, Harry Kane was 20 in his first full season, scoring 3 in 10.

Ferguson could easily become one of the best strikers in the world.
Alan Shearer scored 10 in a season when he was 18. (Okay, 5 in his first full season but still).

Just saying...

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
He's been one of the best things about this season.

At its outset I'd barely heard of him but now we have a young, effective, strong goalscorer who's cost us didly, and looks so comfortable at his age.

His development will save us a fortune. Fergie with Pedro, with Undav, Welbeck, as back ups, with the wing scoring threats of Mitoma, Solly, Ensico, and Adingra should provide a decent supply of goals for next season.

We have currently scored nearly 30 more goals than last season! Drink it in, and well played all.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here