[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
As a forward, he is £4.5 Million on Fantasy League.

Just saying...........
DF4DF173-C6B7-4E2C-83BC-BEFB002E3E0A.jpeg

I’m useless at Fantasy Football, but I think I got this one right!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He clearly good enough to be a regular starter and I suspect the squad and coaches have known he would be so for a while - He’s come up through the Academy, played for our U21s, scored several times for our U23s, played for our first team in various cup matches and he debuted for the PL nearly a year ago now, so it’s not as if any of it has been rushed and I am sure all the coaches in Ireland and at Brighton, including RDZ have been fully aware of Fergie’s physical and mental characteristics for years and are not worrying half as much as the NSC ‘nannies’ seem to be 😉

- I think we saw a very rounded player tonight against Everton and I feel proud that the lad‘s skills have been honed by coming through Brighton’s excellent Academy programme and kudos to the Club for being able to attract such talented youth in the first place, particularly John Morling who was instrumental at the time in signing him.

Lovely back story here

I don’t know the full story of how he came to sign for Brighton BUT we must look such an attractive prospect for young players. There’s a genuine proven pathway to the first team, we have excellent training facilities, play attractive attaching football towards the business end of the league and won’t stand in your way if youre ambitious.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Looks brilliant. Let's just hope Welbz is back for the next game to take the pressure, so he can keep going with his development plan (y)
This is a key part of it IMO, imaging being a good 18 year ols prospect and haing Welbeck, Gross, Lallana et all to train and play with, particularly Welbeck from a strikers point of view.

In reply to @Icy Gull re Ferguson, I didn't know that! Lampard isn't bad, he's made a few poor decisions and Chelsea should have stuck with him. They'd be as good as us if they had, maybe even better.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
He looks excellent. Full of confidence, not afraid to take a shot, and they weren't far away either! Looks a really promising talent.

... but let's not get too carried away. We thought the same about a useless waste of time that scored two against spurs once upon a time.
This.

Connolly was a huge learning curve for the Albion

He’s not the next Peter Ward or Bobby Zamora, he’s Evan Ferguson so minimal ’blowing smoke up his arse’, relevant praise by all means.

Connolly’s money and lifestyle allegedly went through the roof effectively after the Spurs brace, another lesson learned.

Keep Ferguson away from the hangers on, night clubs and dodgy ‘gold digging‘ women (all classic ingredients of Connolly’s demise) and we’ve got ourselves a genuine long term prospect.

And then hopefully we can loan Undav to Worthing to aid their climb up the National League South 😂

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I don’t know the full story of how he came to sign for Brighton BUT we must look such an attractive prospect for young players. There’s a genuine proven pathway to the first team, we have excellent training facilities, play attractive attaching football towards the business end of the league and won’t stand in your way if youre ambitious.
Ferguson came over here around Christmas 2019 to spend a week training with our U23s, he was still just 15 then. A year later in January 2021 he signed for us permanently when he was 16. Liverpool were interested and tried to muscle in but the work we’d done with Evan previously convinced him to sign for us.

You look at the amount of young players we have now in the first team squad. There is this clear pathway now that our system is producing PL quality players.

For youngsters we’ve got to look like an attractive option for academy and under 18s/21s football. They’ll come here knowing if they work hard and prove they are good enough they’ll be given the chance to play on the biggest stage of all.

They’ll also know that if they unfortunately don’t make it here, and a lot still won’t as that’s football, having Brighton and Hove Albion on their CV will do them no harm at all when it comes to be picked up by other clubs.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Doesn't crumble under pressure. Makes it look easy. Tall.
Is 6 foot tall? I see lots of people saying how tall he is, but I'm not sure that qualifies as tall.

He's a unit and I have loved watching him, and I suspect he might be great. But tall is not one of his attributes.

(Unless we are comparing to le petit shithouse, Connolly etc)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is 6 foot tall? I see lots of people saying how tall he is, but I'm not sure that qualifies as tall.

He's a unit and I have loved watching him, and I suspect he might be great. But tall is not one of his attributes.

(Unless we are comparing to le petit shithouse, Connolly etc)
Think those numbers are outdated or simply incorrect. More likely somewhere around 188-192 cm.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Am I right in thinking he signed a new deal at the start if the season? Anyone know how long it is?

If so, good business by the Albion, rewarding his hard work in training and recognising his potential. Was different with Connolly, I think he signed a bumper deal not long after that Spurs game. Which has turned out to be a very poor decision for us.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Am I right in thinking he signed a new deal at the start if the season? Anyone know how long it is?

If so, good business by the Albion, rewarding his hard work in training and recognising his potential. Was different with Connolly, I think he signed a bumper deal not long after that Spurs game. Which has turned out to be a very poor decision for us.
Signed a new deal in October, lasts until the end of the 25-26 season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports