Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
reminds me of a young Shearer
I saw a very young Shearer (17) play against our youth team at Lancing college. If you had seen him that day you wouldn’t have posted. A hat trick and nobody got near him. I think he had already scored a hat trick for their first team by then. He was just miles ahead.
Ferguson is pretty good though.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Am I the only one who thinks people are getting carried away here?

Some of us, quite possibly.
I got excited when we signed Lawrence Davies.
And even more excited when we signed Cherif Diallo.
And nearly got a shirt with Bergkamp on it.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I like his interviews. He's such a big unit and talks with such classic down to earth Irish common sense/understatement that you can easily mistake him for a 28 year old prop forward but then he breaks into a boyish grin and reminds you that actually if he wasn't ace at football he'd probably still be at school studying for his A levels(or whatever the Irish equivalent is).

What a prospect he is shaping up to be, if he gets close to fulfilling this early promise he'll be a fantastic player.

It was also nice to see Moran make his premier league debut. At one point or another in the game we had four teens on the pitch, three players who came through the academy, two local players, six players 21 or under, 7 players 22 or under and a world cup winner. And a failed Gross turn.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
5F5BEFEB-6825-423E-A385-C2F31916226A.jpeg

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I like his interviews. He's such a big unit and talks with such classic down to earth Irish common sense/understatement that you can easily mistake him for a 28 year old prop forward but then he breaks into a boyish grin and reminds you that actually if he wasn't ace at football he'd probably still be at school studying for his A levels(or whatever the Irish equivalent is).

What a prospect he is shaping up to be, if he gets close to fulfilling this early promise he'll be a fantastic player.

It was also nice to see Moran make his premier league debut. At one point or another in the game we had four teens on the pitch, three players who came through the academy, two local players, six players 21 or under, 7 players 22 or under and a world cup winner. And a failed Gross turn.
Talks very well and doesn't use 'you know' after every sentence like many footballers.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Am I the only one who thinks people are getting carried away here? He looks a good player but so did Connolly, and there is an argument to say we ruined him by keeping him in the Premier League when he wasn't ready for it. I'd get Ferguson out on loan to a Championship, or even League One club for the rest of the season. Get him banging in the goals and continuing to learn away from the pressure of the Premier League. We gambled on Connolly because we hoped he might be the answer to our goalscoring problems, and it didn't pay off. We don't have those problems now (despite what the SING A STRIKER brigade think), we are the 5th top scorers in the league.

We need to play the long game with this lad, like we do on everything else.
I would suggest you don't base any of your strategic thinking on Aaron Connolly.

You are basically saying we can never get excited about a young player because of what happened to 1 young player, and we base all future development plans for young players on what happened to 1 young player.

Ferguson's development and progress needs to be structured and managed for Ferguson, not on what happened to other players. If he is ready, the manager feels he is ready, then get him in the side.

Should Dortmond and England not be playing Jude Bellingham?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Am I the only one who thinks people are getting carried away here? He looks a good player but so did Connolly, and there is an argument to say we ruined him by keeping him in the Premier League when he wasn't ready for it. I'd get Ferguson out on loan to a Championship, or even League One club for the rest of the season. Get him banging in the goals and continuing to learn away from the pressure of the Premier League. We gambled on Connolly because we hoped he might be the answer to our goalscoring problems, and it didn't pay off. We don't have those problems now (despite what the SING A STRIKER brigade think), we are the 5th top scorers in the league.

We need to play the long game with this lad, like we do on everything else.
Guess we can’t unless we recruit (and DeZ has esse said this already) - only got Welbeck and Fergie if we want to play a beast up top.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Adding up that lot we had 23 players on the pitch...no wonder we scored 4 😉

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Jamie Mullins to Brighton from the same academy as Evan. Also the same schoolboy club. Lovely midfielder and loves a goal.
Thought he was off to Chelsea all along. Another good pickup. Would have had Zefi too if not for Brexit. Brighton are not missing a trick over here.
It was a shame the way John Morling left BHA but I’m pretty sure having returned to the FIA as a senior football consultant, he is the one that has continued to be the catalyst in channeling some of these top Irish academy/U21 players to Brighton - yet another testimony to the Club’s longterm strategy when it comes to cross age youth development and the commitment to international scouting and recruitment.

- dug up an old piece in the Irish Sun (when Morling was still at Brighton) which puts the Mullins catch into perspective

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
four teens on the pitch, three players who came through the academy, two local players, six players 21 or under, 7 players 22 or under and a world cup winner. And a failed Gross turn.
It needs a bit of work if it's going to rival the 12 days of Christmas but its a good start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here