Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Yes, but there is a way to achieve one’s ambitions whilst showing respect for those currently supporting your career. As a side issue do people really ‘like’ posts without thinking ? That strikes me as a bit thick.
Yes. Some people like posts almost as an acknowledgement they've seen it.

They may also have seen the post and assumed that Moises/Arsenal had a fee agreed with the club and was moving.

I wouldn't read too much into the likes. Trossard was liking a number of unrelated club Instagram posts at the time of the bust up

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes. Some people like posts almost as an acknowledgement they've seen it.

They may also have seen the post and assumed that Moises/Arsenal had a fee agreed with the club and was moving.

I wouldn't read too much into the likes. Trossard was liking a number of unrelated club Instagram posts at the time of the bust up
Fair enough. Bit of a minefield, isn’t it. I didn’t ‘like’ your post as I didn’t know what it would mean :)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Worst pundit out there.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
This is getting incredibly shit having all our players linked with other teams .
I’m starting to look forward to our inevitable relegation back to the Championship where we get to see entraining talent stay for longer than one season.

This is such a negative post - chin up.

The reason why all our players are being linked with bigger clubs is... because we are oozing top talent, this is a positive thing, and would happen to any other club outside the top six who are as fortunate as we are in this regard.

Caicedo is still here for now. Ferguson is still here. Mitoma, Sanchez, Sarmiento, Enciso... All still here. Can't see Dunk, March, Gross or Estupinan going anywhere any time soon.

So no, "all our players" are not being linked with other teams. Even if Caicedo does go this winter, which is looking increasingly unlikely, we still have a top squad with new young players emerging all of the time.

This Ferguson 'rumour' if that's what it even is, is absolute nonsense. Newcastle will not pay through the roof for an unproven striker, which would be what is required.

Worst case scenario - we sell our best players - and have literally hundreds of millions of pounds in the bank to show for it - this puts us in an incredibly strong position financially compared with our rivals of similar stature. A huge advantage in fact.

However it's so clear that TB wants to us to evolve into a club that can retain our top talent, at least for a time. He has already turned us into a club that can demand unthinkable fees for our players... Who would have thought selling players for £50m+ each would become the norm here??

Be positive, be patient... we are in such a strong position as a club, on and off the pitch, one or two players leaving for monumental fees every season will not change that.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Yes let's keep all those chins up Lads i'm keeping all 5 of mine up. My mate always said you've got more chins than a Chinese phone directory :rolleyes:. Just trying to lighten the mood If i had a coat i would get it .

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
This is such a negative post - chin up.

The reason why all our players are being linked with bigger clubs is... because we are oozing top talent, this is a positive thing, and would happen to any other club outside the top six who are as fortunate as we are in this regard.

Caicedo is still here for now. Ferguson is still here. Mitoma, Sanchez, Sarmiento, Enciso... All still here. Can't see Dunk, March, Gross or Estupinan going anywhere any time soon.

So no, "all our players" are not being linked with other teams. Even if Caicedo does go this winter, which is looking increasingly unlikely, we still have a top squad with new young players emerging all of the time.

This Ferguson 'rumour' if that's what it even is, is absolute nonsense. Newcastle will not pay through the roof for an unproven striker, which would be what is required.

Worst case scenario - we sell our best players - and have literally hundreds of millions of pounds in the bank to show for it - this puts us in an incredibly strong position financially compared with our rivals of similar stature. A huge advantage in fact.

However it's so clear that TB wants to us to evolve into a club that can retain our top talent, at least for a time. He has already turned us into a club that can demand unthinkable fees for our players... Who would have thought selling players for £50m+ each would become the norm here??

Be positive, be patient... we are in such a strong position as a club, on and off the pitch, one or two players leaving for monumental fees every season will not change that.
Can’t argue with any of that and to be honest, it would be so wrong of Brighton who only 14 years ago nearly dropped into the 4th tier, reject millions and millions for just a bloody football player. It only felt like yesterday our biggest and only financial hope was the potential comp fee for Gareth Barry.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
There is a way around this.

Buy older established players. Look at Fulham, no one is coming in for their players. But fair play to Tony he wants to at least try and balance the books as much as possible, along with having exciting young players. If we start dipping down into lower midtable I suspect clubs may not be looking at our players as much any more. No one came in for Biss or trossy before this season.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There is a way around this.

Buy older established players. Look at Fulham, no one is coming in for their players. But fair play to Tony he wants to at least try and balance the books as much as possible, along with having exciting young players. If we start dipping down into lower midtable I suspect clubs may not be looking at our players as much any more. No one came in for Biss or trossy before this season.
I think you are trying to fix the wrong problem. Most of us have no problem with the strategy of buying young, exciting players to sell on. The issue here is when they turn round and bite the hand that feeds them with snide behaviour on social media.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I think you are trying to fix the wrong problem. Most of us have no problem with the strategy of buying young, exciting players to sell on. The issue here is when they turn round and bite the hand that feeds them with snide behaviour on social media.
What has Evan done?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If Newcastle’s transfer policy is swayed by something Tim Sherwood says on Sky, they’re in trouble. Every big club in the country will be watching this kid. It’s all just noise, noise, noise unless the bids come in. We should be happy we’re so bloody good and just enjoy it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My post was about Caicedo. Ferguson naively ‘liked’ Caicedo’s post. Not a big deal for the reasons pointed out by others above, but still a bit dim.
He's 18 years old, he may have thought the move had actually happened. It really isn't a thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here