Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] EV charging points in Hove/Portslade

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
Thinking of using my EV this weekend but will have to charge as it wont do a swindon/Brighton/Swindon without a charge..

Any reliable charge points in Portslade ?
The 3 units on Victoria Rd are rated at 50kw. 2 are designated for taxis and the other for public use. If you stay with the car using one of the taxi ones will be fine.
There is a maximum stay, think it's 90 minutes or so.
You will need to install the Blink EV app (used to be Electric Blue) to get access.
You are more than welcome to park on my drive and use my home charger (7kw) in Bevendean whilst at the footy.
Just drop me a pm to get it sorted.
Regards Tony

phoenix

May 18, 2009
The 3 units on Victoria Rd are rated at 50kw. 2 are designated for taxis and the other for public use. If you stay with the car using one of the taxi ones will be fine.
There is a maximum stay, think it's 90 minutes or so.
You will need to install the Blink EV app (used to be Electric Blue) to get access.
You are more than welcome to park on my drive and use my home charger (7kw) in Bevendean whilst at the footy.
Just drop me a pm to get it sorted.
Regards Tony
Wow, what a fantasitc gesture N.S.C at its finest :thumbsup:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Yes I have Zap-Map but it keeps showing home chargers.. I have filtered out home chargers but they are back every time I open the app.

Why do I need to know Mr Smith has a 7kwv home charger at 24 Foredown Drive?
Ironically, you have an offer to use someone’s home charger! 😂

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There's definitely some on Portland Road, there is at least one on Saxon Road by Wish Park (parking zone is 10-11am and 7-8pm so you'd be fine from 11am to 7pm for the football). As for reliable, the Saxon Road and Portland Road ones I saw being used last night...
Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 11.09.09.png

Last edited:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Yes I have Zap-Map but it keeps showing home chargers.. I have filtered out home chargers but they are back every time I open the app.

Why do I need to know Mr Smith has a 7kwv home charger at 24 Foredown Drive?
Curious. On my app in the filter section, selecting all location types and then unticking home gets rid of them. It also keeps that selection next time I use it (little filter indicator is orange instead of white).
Have you registered on the app, maybe that's why if not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here