Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eurovision Song Contest

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I had £20 on Iceland top 4 finish @ 5.5 on betfair.

:winner:

sky bet were only paying out on top three - some NERVEY moments at times, but in the end, money well earnt

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Just had a listen - if you ignore the fact that it's generally painful listening to a foreigner sing in English, it's quite catchy. The violin factor makes it what it is.

:clap:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
im in love, with a fairytale

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i thought norways was alright to be fair,and why the norton slagging he was pretty decent!

im still in love with the azer babe

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
It's a grower

[yt]-8JRtGMBUz0[/yt]

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just been flicking through the songs on youtube for another listen. I can't believe how on earth we came 5th.

It was total pants. It just isn't a Eurovision song. If that's the best we can come out with now, then it's time to pull out. Add to that the (still) blatant bias towards neighbouring countries, you have the reason why we will never win this so called competition again.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
Glad that this crap is over for another year. I heard a presenter on LBC, Cristo, describe it as the biggest event in the gay calendar. If this is the case, should it be re branded as Bum Fest

Last edited:

Golden Oldie

Feb 10, 2004
I thought Graham Norton was surprisingly good APART from his maths. Norway mathematically won when Holland gave their votes with about 10 countries left to vote, but he didn't actually state this until there were three countries left. Plus all the panicking at the end about "please let us stay in the top 5" when we were 44 points ahead of Estonia with 12 up for grabs.

Graham Norton was dreadful. The whole thing was done in English, yet he still felt it necessary to talk over everyone, often saying the same thing. I'm not a great Wogan fan, but Norton seemed to think it necessary to try and imitate him by making snide - and often unfunny - comments at every opportunity.
At least in the second half of the scoring it sounded like someone had told him to shut up a bit, or else he'd run out of comments to make.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Graham Norton was dreadful. The whole thing was done in English, yet he still felt it necessary to talk over everyone, often saying the same thing. I'm not a great Wogan fan, but Norton seemed to think it necessary to try and imitate him by making snide - and often unfunny - comments at every opportunity.
At least in the second half of the scoring it sounded like someone had told him to shut up a bit, or else he'd run out of comments to make.

I agree that he wouldnt shut up over half the Russian things which I was trying to listen to, I think he needs to learn to adapt his style to sound less annoying

It was a good night for Britain but I doubt spain and Germany would be too chuffed about it, not forgetting lithuania

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Yeah, I only watched the last ten minutes, but heard him say that one of the voters had "plastic, stuck-on ears", and something like "Here's Eva - you wouldn't mess with her. She's probably got a cyanide capsule in her teeth". What? She was actually quite nice, but was he like that for the whole show?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here