Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eurovision Song Contest

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I didn't bother with it this year. Without Wogan, it's utterly pointless. As a competition it's laughably unwinnable by most of the entrants, most of the songs are shit and Norton was never, ever going to live up to the Woge-meister's standards. His best ever?

"Well, it's been a fantastic night. (Pause) Not musically, obviously..."

Genius.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have to admit that Norway's song on the night passed me by but upon a few listens it is infuriatingly catchy. Certainly the best winning song for quite a few years. The guy is nauseatingly good looking which helped the votes for sure, much in the mould of the great Morton Harket.

The UK song was standard West End fare but the vocalist on the night was without doubt the best singer so a solid effort. I also liked Greece, Azerbajan and Modova.

The rest was PANTS.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The UK song was standard West End fare but the vocalist on the night was without doubt the best singer

Yep, straight out of an ALW show. Gotta be an upbeat Europoppy tune to win, UK totally misjudged it with that choice. What we tend to forget is that Norway's song had massive radio play on the continent (unlike ours) and so lots of countries were familiar with it by the time of the final, and so it's a bit of an uneven playing field in that respect.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yep, straight out of an ALW show. Gotta be an upbeat Europoppy tune to win, UK totally misjudged it with that choice. What we tend to forget is that Norway's song had massive radio play on the continent (unlike ours) and so lots of countries were familiar with it by the time of the final, and so it's a bit of an uneven playing field in that respect.

On reflection the best song won so a good night for Eurovision.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For the first time in a decade it became a song contest with the best ones in the top 5.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here