Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Eurovision - Liverpool To Host In 2023

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Personally, I love the post-mortem we have every year after we do so appallingly. The target for the UK for me is always nil points but I’ve only had the excitement of this happening twice. Last year was glorious!

There was a lad on the wireless claiming that we’re one of the favourites and that we’ve finally learnt our lessons and produced a good song. This is, of course, all BS and we’re likely to finish at the bottom again because it’s all based on politics and most European countries (rightly) hate our guts.

a good eurovision song. many years we do a decent pop song just doesnt land with the eurovision crowd. they like things a bit quirky.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think we'll finish top half tonight, which would be our best result in a long time.

Can't believe its been a quarter of a century since we last won!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What makes me laugh is that every single year they say we have a great song and are in with a genuinely good chance of doing well :lolol:

Can't stand this year's song.

Yes... and people will be saying "booh, we're getting 0 points because the world hates us" when in reality your songs are always not only hideous but also dull as dishwater.

Anyway Ukraine will win tonight (it is tonight right?) and I'll miss it because I'm going out untzing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Surprising good opener from Czechia. 8.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Liked the Romanian entry.
Portugal I’ve forgotten already.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008