Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] European football - Poll time

Will we end up in Europe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I fancied a Brighton win against Arsenal but nothing like what transpired though.
My gut has been wrong many many times though so it may have just been daydreaming at the possibility of Europe
The way Brighton do things is unpredictable. Beat Chelsea, lose to Nottingham Forest, beat Man U and beat Wolves 6-0, then lose to Everton 1-5 at home, and then beat Arsenal 3-0 at the Emirates. Perhaps it's good that our remaining games are mostly against top teams. Newcastle and Man City should be a breeze. A bit nervous about Southampton, though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
also Newcastle dont play until Monday.

If we beat them and Saints we will be 2 points behind with same games played

Then its a 2 game shoot out

They have Leicester H and Chelsea A

**edit - forgot about Liverpool
Don't do this to me.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Newcastle away is as tough as it gets really, would take a draw there all day, funny thing is though I think the Newcastle would also take a draw, Newcastle fans on social media are petrified of Enciso and Mitoma against trippier and Burn

Given our recent form we will probably lose to Southampton and then beat City :lolol:

It’s definitely good for us though that Liverpool play Villa and Brentford play Spurs next round of games.

Edit: Just seen what Napper posted, f**k it go all out for the win, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE here we come :vuvu:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I want Europe but am equally wary of it.

I believe Moises and Alexis will both leave regardless and Europe will take its toll on our already thinish squad. A decent summer window will be required.
Agree with all that, BUT, it seems likely we have already agreed or are very close to agreeing 3 good signings, have Adingra, Alzate, Kozlowski, Sima and others that may come into the squad after loans out this season, Moder, Sarmiento, Lamptey returning from injury and the not seen much of Moran, Ayari, Buonanotte, plus some of the lads from the academy pushing.

Toughest replacements we are likely going to need are for Colwill and Caicedo. Mac Allister's calmness from the spot will be missed, but a decent chance that whoever replaces him is better at shooting from the edge of the box than he has been.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
whats the difference between 5th and 6th europe wise , both straight into Europa League group stages ? or 6th has to qualify ?
None really, except that 5th is earning it by right, 6th is a hand me down from the FA cup winner, if they are already qualified for better or equal UEFA competition through League position.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
In football you always want to play at the highest level you can whether as a player, manager or supporter. This is such a well run club that I really believe we will play Champions League football in my lifetime. That’s not something I ever thought I would say but I now believe that we will achieve this thanks to TB and PB. If not this year then soon. I need a lie down.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
so, i put a £5 bet on BHA finishing in the top 6 back in august at 9-1 (returns £45)
for most of the season the cash out has moved from £17 to £22 - and a very pleasing £19.01 for a long period

................this morning it sits at £30.15..............

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Why would any Albion fan not want us to be in Europe?

These are the golden days of being an Albion supporter. Who knows how long they'll last?

I was too young for 'the good old days' but I grew up with stories about them and their near mythical greatness. It turns out that the good old days consisted of four years in the bottom half of the top flight culminating in relegation and getting our arses handed to us in the cup final replay.

I want these years to be as good as possible. I want to be able to say that we were one of the best teams in the country, that we not only regularly beat the big boys but went into games expecting to beat them. I want glory or as close as we can get to it. I want tales of European exploits.

This team is so close to leaving a lasting mark on the premier league. Why would we want to shy away from it even if it means flying too close to the sun and ultimately falling away? When Palace get relegated no one will remember a thing about their decade plus tenure in the league.

When we go, whenever that may be, people will look back and remember the De Zerbi team/years. Europe is a key part of burnishing that legend.

So bring it on!

(to answer the actual question, yes I think we'll finish in the european places.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here