Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League - What we know so far

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Europa League looks far tougher than I'd expected. But should be some good away days for the handful who can get tickets.
Tickets, pfffffff.

Hoping to travel with or without ticket, just for the experience/craic so to speak. Will also explore ‘home’ tickets, although that maybe easier from a non UK address.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Tickets, pfffffff.

Hoping to travel with or without ticket, just for the experience/craic so to speak. Will also explore ‘home’ tickets, although that maybe easier from a non UK address.
Hadn’t thought of this! I’ve been scratching my head how I’d get a tickets as no longer a ST holder but this would be great! Watch it in a bar 🍺

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Tickets, pfffffff.

Absolutely this. Already booked off the first two match day weeks Weds-Fri. Going to the first away game for the atmosphere during the day, worst case will just watch in a bar, best case will have a ticket.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Can someone tell me what the coefficients are based on? Thanks in advance.
Very roughly they are based on the team’s historical performances in Europe and there is also some weighting based on the overall performance of all teams from a team’s country. So we get no points for our European history but get some for English teams on the whole doing well.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Bundesliga wraps up today so we'll know wheth r it's Freiburg or Union Berlin. Praying for Freiburg as I used to live there and it's a great club. Bigger stadium than Berlin's too.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Bundesliga wraps up today so we'll know wheth r it's Freiburg or Union Berlin. Praying for Freiburg as I used to live there and it's a great club. Bigger stadium than Berlin's too.
This is the factor that is screwing with my hopes to draw certain teams. Part of me wants the far flung clubs in places I would never otherwise go, but ticket wise it's probably best to be getting Toulouse, Juve, and Roma.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Re tickets, found this online :

Home clubs in the Europa league competition must make at least 5% of the total approved UEFA capacity of their stadium available exclusively to visiting supporters, in a segregated, safe area.

Tickets for that area must be sold in compliance with the provisions of Article 20 of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations. In no case, however, shall the price of those tickets for visiting supporters exceed €45 (£39) In addition, visiting clubs are entitled to purchase 200 top-category tickets for their VIP supporters, sponsors, etc., but they are not obliged to take the full allocation.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Re tickets, found this online :

Home clubs in the Europa league competition must make at least 5% of the total approved UEFA capacity of their stadium available exclusively to visiting supporters, in a segregated, safe area.

Tickets for that area must be sold in compliance with the provisions of Article 20 of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations. In no case, however, shall the price of those tickets for visiting supporters exceed €45 (£39) In addition, visiting clubs are entitled to purchase 200 top-category tickets for their VIP supporters, sponsors, etc., but they are not obliged to take the full allocation.
I think we all knew about the 5%, hence wanting a big ground, but the 200 VIP tickets is interesting as I was worried players families would be part of the 5%. Presume this accounts for why the West Ham families were separate from the main group at AZ.

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
Alte Försterei in Berlin is quite special. Built by the fans and has a capacity of 22,000 but only 3,617 seats. It's not aproved for european games, so they will have to play their home games at Olympiastadion if they qualify.

Olympiastadion is more than twice the size of Europa-Park Stadion in Freiburg.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the 38th attempt I believe I now have a Passport Ready photo of myself, which has led to 2 questions:-

1 - when did my face get put through a mangle?
&
B - why am I unaware my face has been through a mangle?

Were it not for my phenomenal hair it's unlikely I'd get through passport control. Luckily I don't imagine them even checking my passport - my hair (phenomenal) is my passport.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Alte Försterei in Berlin is quite special. Built by the fans and has a capacity of 22,000 but only 3,617 seats. It's not aproved for european games, so they will have to play their home games at Olympiastadion if they qualify.

Olympiastadion is more than twice the size of Europa-Park Stadion in Freiburg.
Ooo I didn't know that, thanks for sharing. I'm torn now as I'd love to go back to Freiburg but more likely to get a ticket in Berlin!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Leverkusen losing and a man down. That changes things

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Leverkusen losing and a man down. That changes things
It's not looking good for Leverkusen, with Wolfsburg likely to take that 6th spot which may be UEL if Frankfurt do not win the cup.
The other spot (5th) is currently occupied by Union Berlin, but if they score against Werder Bremen then Freiburg would fall to 5th.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It's not looking good for Leverkusen, with Wolfsburg likely to take that 6th spot which may be UEL if Frankfurt do not win the cup.
The other spot (5th) is currently occupied by Union Berlin, but if they score against Werder Bremen then Freiburg would fall to 5th.
Bit surreal that Albion fans have a vested interest in 5th/6th finishers in Bundesliga.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here