Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League - What we know so far

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
1st = Round of 16 in Europa League.
2nd = Knockout Round Play-Offs in Europa League, against team who finished 3rd in their Champions League group.
3rd = Knockout Round Play-Offs in Conference League, against team who finished 2nd in their Conference League group.
4th = Out of Europe altogether.
Thanks, a question:
Does the loser of the EL2/CL3 fixture go into the Conference League?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Thanks, a question:
Does the loser of the EL2/CL3 fixture go into the Conference League?
No. Otherwise there would be 24 teams left in Conference League. The way I look at it is that after group and KO. stages there are 16 teams left in CL (1st and 2nd), 16 in EL (8 first + 8 KO. between 3rd CL and 2nd EL), and 16 in ConfL (8 first + 8 KO between 3rd EL and 2nd ConfL).

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
_20230606_220104.JPG

Shame we won't meet Dortmund along the way, 6 beers for €14. I wonder if other German clubs do similar deals?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think demand will be strong but there are going to be so many that can't due to time, cost, family etc.
Leverkusen would be 1500 tickets based on 5% of 30000. I reckon that would sell out in 2 days given our alliance with them.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I did idly look at this the other day, you're correct in the sense that they don't play in Luhansk at the moment but they appear to still be in Ukraine, in a place called Zaporizhzhia, according to Wikipedia
No European games in Ukraine. Will be played elsewhere.

England are going to play Ukraine in Vienna later this year.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Watching West Ham vs Fiorentina. All Fiorentina, (much nicer trip)…..

West Ham idiot fans have chucked empty plastic beer glasses at the corner taker, who sustained a nasty cut. Really disappointing.

Why do we have people who are sooooo stupid?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Watching West Ham vs Fiorentina. All Fiorentina, (much nicer trip)…..

West Ham idiot fans have chucked empty plastic beer glasses at the corner taker, who sustained a nasty cut. Really disappointing.

Why do we have people who are sooooo stupid?
Commonplace across Europe/South America that kind of shit ... doesn't excuse it at all but it doesn't just happen in England

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I really can't project how popular tickets will be with STH considering it's international travel on a school night. What do people think?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I really can't project how popular tickets will be with STH considering it's international travel on a school night. What do people think?
Depends on the teams but except the really obviously / easy locations I don’t think we will sell out away games easily

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Depends on the teams but except the really obviously / easy locations I don’t think we will sell out away games easily
I am convinced that we will sell out all three away group games..... Of course if some far flung place offers us 10k tickets, then this might be a hard sell,... but most destinations in west ior central Europe will sell very quickly.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I am convinced that we will sell out all three away group games..... Of course if some far flung place offers us 10k tickets, then this might be a hard sell,... but most destinations in west ior central Europe will sell very quickly.
I'm not so sure. It's easy for people to say "I'll be there regardless" but when they have a job, are short of cash or hit by the reality of a 12+ hour trip they may start to wane. I'm retired so I'll be going to wherever on the Mon / Tue and returning on the Saturday I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here