[Albion] Europa League Round of 16 tickets on sale

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It gets worse!

I can't buy an over 65 ticket this season despite being over 65 because:

'The price of the ticket for this game relates to the price band you are in for your Season Ticket.
Any price changes wouldn't come into effect until next Season.'

I am mightily pissed off with this, probably more than I should be!!
This does seem harsh, but in their defence, I think it is at least consistent - I’m sure when my lads were nippers, in a season where they moved up to a higher age / price bracket, they were charged the lower rate for the complete season, even though their birthdays fell in the first two months of it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The definition of reasonable at a time of enormous financial pressure. Tickets nearly double a group stage tie for the thousands who committed to the 3 match pack, and despite the game being 3 months away season ticket holders need to find the dosh in Christmas week.
This is simply not true.

for my seats (and I presume they are representative of elsewhere) single group match tickets were almost the exact same price (£35 against £36) for the group matches as for the last 16. Even with the 3 match DISCOUNT the difference is £25 rising to £36. Nothing remotely approaching ‘double’.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
This is simply not true.

for my seats (and I presume they are representative of elsewhere) single group match tickets were almost the exact same price (£35 against £36) for the group matches as for the last 16. Even with the 3 match DISCOUNT the difference is £25 rising to £36. Nothing remotely approaching ‘double’.
My mistake i thought the 3 match pack was cheaper than it was. It's not nearly double, but still considerably more than the 3 match pack price. So yeah that and the need to do it in the next fortnight/Christmas week have annoyed a few. Not the end of the world but you can sympathise with those moaning and those considering not going or having to move to another cheaper area of the ground.

But, we're all also aware it's a huge huge second leg game and they've got 3 months to flog the tickets rather than a tight timeframe, so it was probably never going to be 'cheap'. Tricky to please everyone, i think

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Slightly off topic but am I right in wanting Liverpool to win EFL cup expecting them to be in the top 4, this opening up a spot for the UECL.
No. Carabao winners qualify for Europa Conference League - if they are already in the UCL (usually happens) the next highest PL team get the Conference League place I think (hence we usually get the team in 7th in to the Conference League).

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
No. Carabao winners qualify for Europa Conference League - if they are already in the UCL (usually happens) the next highest PL team get the Conference League place I think (hence we usually get the team in 7th in to the Conference League).

I think that's what I meant. Villa are in the UECL because Man City qualified for the UCL.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I think that's what I meant. Villa are in the UECL because Man City qualified for the UCL.
Well Villa’s fans and owners think they will be in the Champions League next season. They have cancelled/delayed the £100m redevelopment of the North Stand that would have taken capacity to 52,000 because it would have meant a 34,000 capacity for 2 seasons and they don’t want that to derail their Champions League aspirations!

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Managed to book my ticket now, but the other 2 family members tickets have disappeared, FFS!
Phoned supporter services and manged to book the other 2 tickets over the phone, seems very harsh that there is a booking charge of £1.50 per ticket, when the error was originally caused by being incorrectly charged in the first place.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
First time we're in Europe and at the first attempt we're in the knockout stage and people are complaining.

Wait, the club has a free pass to treat 'customers' as it wants without complaint or feedback?

Pints up £1? Sweets up £2? No kit in shops until 2025?

No.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wait, the club has a free pass to treat 'customers' as it wants without complaint or feedback?

No.
The club don't make us buy pints, sweets, replica kit, or for that matter tickets.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Sometimes I think the snake queue around the Goldstone and Withdean was so much easier!
Is £50 a reasonable price? You must be well off. Not everyone is.
Its not cheap,but compared to other English teams in Europe we aint far off and remember pricing in London on Sea aka B and H is generally not far off London clubs

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
My mistake i thought the 3 match pack was cheaper than it was. It's not nearly double, but still considerably more than the 3 match pack price. So yeah that and the need to do it in the next fortnight/Christmas week have annoyed a few. Not the end of the world but you can sympathise with those moaning and those considering not going or having to move to another cheaper area of the ground.

But, we're all also aware it's a huge huge second leg game and they've got 3 months to flog the tickets rather than a tight timeframe, so it was probably never going to be 'cheap'. Tricky to please everyone, i think
As someone who bought the 3 match pack (at £75) then couldn't attend one match (receiving a 20%, i.e. £5, refund) the 2 group stage matches I attended cost me £35 each - the same as I would have paid buying them individually.

This knockout round game is £36, just £1 more. I can't see how people are complaining that it's poor value.

:shrug:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

No.
You are aware that the draw is on the 23rd of Feb leaving the match only 19 days later? For those of us planning for the away game, we only have 12 days from the draw to organize flights and accommodation!

Seems to me you're suggesting the club are exploiting the situation whereas I, and I hope many others, see it as forward planning. It's not a free pass as the club have not taken the opportunity to increase prices from what they normally charge for big games. And let's be honest, apart from the cup final, this is probably the biggest game in the club's history and will remain so unless we get through and the next round will be elevated to that status.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Did anyone that bought their regular seats receive mobile tickets yet, or just the confirmation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here