Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League Round of 16 tickets on sale

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So we'd be expected to give up second leg home advantage that is part of the prize for winning the group? Can't see that happening.
Well, if Benfica and Sporting qualify, it is undeniable that they won't play on the same day and one of the games will be moved. It could be just to the day before, and probably will be, but this is UEFA we're talking about here, and the Portuguese police will have their say as both sets of away fans will be overlapping in the city and there may be certain combinations they would want to avoid. Rangers and Liverpool could be feisty.

But all conjecture.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Strange what folk get so heated about. An early sale date for securing your season ticket at reasonable prices for a last 16 game in the Europa league.

What's the problem?
The definition of reasonable at a time of enormous financial pressure. Tickets nearly double a group stage tie for the thousands who committed to the 3 match pack, and despite the game being 3 months away season ticket holders need to find the dosh in Christmas week.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
1901 members, like me, might be feeling a little left out here, and they tend to have a nervous disposition that really shouldn’t be disturbed. I’ve spotted that our window opens tomorrow (Thursday) at 9 rather than today. In the same manner as for the group stages, they have to pick their seat rather than be forced to buy their usual one. This’ll allow me, again, to abandon my seat and infiltrate and split-up groups of long-standing members who consider “their” seats to be as sacrosanct as a debenture box at the Albert Hall.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The definition of reasonable at a time of enormous financial pressure. Tickets nearly double a group stage tie for the thousands who committed to the 3 match pack, and despite the game being 3 months away season ticket holders need to find the dosh in Christmas week.
Just as well we weren't in Monday's draw then. Many folks would have been splurging hundreds of quid on flights and hotels in Christmas week

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Strange what folk get so heated about. An early sale date for securing your season ticket at reasonable prices for a last 16 game in the Europa league.

What's the problem?
Folk were moaning about the away tickets being on sale too late. Now it’s too early. Club can’t win.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Well, if Benfica and Sporting qualify, it is undeniable that they won't play on the same day and one of the games will be moved. It could be just to the day before, and probably will be, but this is UEFA we're talking about here, and the Portuguese police will have their say as both sets of away fans will be overlapping in the city and there may be certain combinations they would want to avoid. Rangers and Liverpool could be feisty.

But all conjecture.
Yes but that affects our away game. It makes no impact on the home game which is what the thread is about.

But all conjecture.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Our fans are mental 😂😂

Club literally cannot win - moaning about an early, transparent ticket arrangement at very reasonable prices for European knock out football, possibly against a Roma or Milan!
It would also seem our fans all have a right to go, whether they have the money or not.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

But all conjecture.
But that would be the away, first leg. As you say, they'd have to find a different day that week in Portugal. You'd expect Albion to make a stink, quite rightly, about an opponent gaining a potential extra half an hour on their own ground to clinch the tie.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Folk were moaning about the away tickets being on sale too late. Now it’s too early. Club can’t win.
The club could have literally 'won' by opening the sale to STHers today, but giving an extended period to buy - well into January, for example.

That would have inconvenienced literally no-one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're not personally inconvenienced. You lack empathy. We get it!

I wonder, how many people - truly, honestly - expected these tickets to go on sale before Xmas?!
True, but what does it matter?

You're a Premier League season ticket holder, who can purchase their seat upto 02.01.24, so 'before Christmas' is disingenuous.

I'm not sure why I should be empathetic to said Premier League season ticket holder who also "can't afford Christmas", whatever that means.
They seemingly don't understand the difference between income and outgoing money.

TBH i find it hard to.believe we even have Premier League season ticket holders so close to the breadline they can't afford the expense, and it's just the usual club bashing.

I'm sure there's a load of people who have had to give up their tickets because they can't justify such a frivolous expense, fans for whom I have the up most sympathy.

The 'i can't afford Christmas and an extra payment on top of my premier League season ticket' brigade, you're right my cup doesn't runth over with empathy.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
True, but what does it matter?

You're a Premier League season ticket holder, who can purchase their seat upto 02.01.24, so 'before Christmas' is disingenuous.

I'm not sure why I should be empathetic to said Premier League season ticket holder who also "can't afford Christmas", whatever that means.
They seemingly don't understand the difference between income and outgoing money.

TBH i find it hard to.believe we even have Premier League season ticket holders so close to the breadline they can't afford the expense, and it's just the usual club bashing.

I'm sure there's a load of people who have had to give up their tickets because they can't justify such a frivolous expense, fans for whom I have the up most sympathy.

The 'i can't afford Christmas and an extra payment on top of my premier League season ticket' brigade, you're right my cup doesn't runth over with empathy.
You're still struggling with the empathy thing, I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here