Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League qualification trundles on

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I suppose one benefit of a tie in Kazakhstan or the Faroes is that I’ll never ever moan again about the inconvenience of travelling from Polegate to Falmer.
I’ve been to the Faroes, albeit in the summer and got lucky with the weather. Nearly went to watch England when they played in Kazakhstan so would love to go if we got drawn there. However I am a member and not a season ticket holder, so I’m guessing my only chance of an ‘away’ ticket would be if it was in a particularly obscure location or if I managed to get something in the home end, the safety of which might depend on who the opposition were!

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Hope Dinamo Zagreb don't qualify. 120 of them showed up in Athens last night, put 8 people in hospital and killed someone. They were attacking everyone, families out with young children. It didn't seem to matter to these psychopaths.
They were not even there for the match as travelling fans for this game had been banned by EUFA !!!!
Bit of a chastening thought if we draw an eastern european country in our group.
Maybe EUFA could go the whole hog and chuck them out with a long ban (some hope!)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They were not even there for the match as travelling fans for this game had been banned by EUFA !!!!
Bit of a chastening thought if we draw an eastern european country in our group.
Maybe EUFA could go the whole hog and chuck them out with a long ban (some hope!)
It's one thing I'm quite wary off. We will face the ultras and possibly an equally brutal/corrupt police in some countries. If we were away to Zagreb, would you go?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
It's one thing I'm quite wary off. We will face the ultras and possibly an equally brutal/corrupt police in some countries. If we were away to Zagreb, would you go?
That's a good question, i would say probably not. Just let us hope we do not have to face that decision for real.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
There are quite a few we could potentially meet who have fans you’d rather avoid - Marseilles, Roma, PSV, Ajax, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Liverpool 😆…..

Generally I’d say it will be fine as it tends to kick off when there are 2 sets of fans wanting that to happen, and I didn’t see we would have any gripe or history with any of the above or others on the ‘possible opponents’ list. But equally always good to be on your guard, some of these clubs do have a bad reputation to maintain! Just being English may be enough for some of them…..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here