Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***Europa League Group Stage Draw - Official Thread***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good luck with today’s draw, Roma, Betis, and AEK would just about do you eh?

Big grounds so plenty can travel,

I think BHA will catch out a few teams in Europe.

Enjoy 🙏
Cheers. Almost my top three but we've got a fan alliance with Leverkusen and we often have a few of them on our away days. Would be a brilliant trip there but even better here. Only problem being they're my joint second team in the competition along with USG.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I was thinking about exactly this on the way back from this morning's (wet) dog walk. My first away game with my mates was away to Southend in Division 3 in 1987. Less than 1000 of us, one coach, scrap in the corner of the terrace in the first half and we lost. I was 16.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Your wish is granted - there is a completely new format for next year which does exactly that.
Didn't know that. So we have qualified for the competition in the final year that we could take advantage of the present set up.

Tbh, we would stand a much better chance of winning the Europa Conference, so dropping down could work in our favour.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Anybody heading to the 'Europa League Draw Watch Party' at Mendoza's Caxton Arms near the station?

europa league watch party.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Club being represented by PBOBE and nice from the club, Paul Camillin.

I just texted PC he's very excited. :O

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Anybody heading to the 'Europa League Draw Watch Party' at Mendoza's Caxton Arms near the station?

View attachment 165822
"Book flights and hotels"?! Is it a 24 hour Draw Watch Party at The Caxton then?

Suggest not wise to book anything (perhaps bar cancellable Bookings.Com for all 6 days for all 3 teams we draw to cover all bases if people are that desperate) until fixtures are out on Saturday morning? 17 hours on from Newcastle's CL draw and they are still none the wiser as to who they are playing when in their group, and think they have been told Saturday morning.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
"Book flights and hotels"?! Is it a 24 hour Draw Watch Party at The Caxton then?

Suggest not wise to book anything (perhaps bar cancellable Bookings.Com for all 6 days for all 3 teams we draw to cover all bases if people are that desperate) until fixtures are out on Saturday morning? 17 hours on from Newcastle's CL draw and they are still none the wiser as to who they are playing when in their group, and think they have been told Saturday morning.
At least in Newcastle’s case they already know there’s no point in planning anything for beyond the group stage 😆

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Club being represented by PBOBE and nice from the club, Paul Camillin.

I just texted PC he's very excited. :O
From midweek 5 a side at Portslade and the first REMF game with the likes of me to representing the Albion at the Europa draw.

He's come a long, long way. :)

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I would suggest to research the ground capacity after the draw has concluded, it would make it a lot easier as you'll only be needing to find 3 capacities instead of 22.
I think you also said on the other thread Krafty, that all qualifiers have to play in 8k min capacity stadia? So Hacken (Sweden), Rakow (Poland) and TSS (Serbia!) will need to play in borrowed stadia, so their own ground capacities not relevant.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was thinking about exactly this on the way back from this morning's (wet) dog walk. My first away game with my mates was away to Southend in Division 3 in 1987. Less than 1000 of us, one coach, scrap in the corner of the terrace in the first half and we lost. I was 16.
It wasn't my first away game by any means but I was also 16 and also went to that game (for some reason I actually remember the gate being 3,589). Mental really. All those games at places like Southend, Orient, Barnet back in the day.

And it is mad that no so long ago we used to consider Leyton Orient a rival of sorts because we were slipping off Championship Palace's radar.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would suggest to research the ground capacity after the draw has concluded, it would make it a lot easier as you'll only be needing to find 3 capacities instead of 22.
Even that might be a pointless exercise. That Swedish team last night averages just under 5,000 in a 6,500 stadium. No way will they be playing their games in that stadium when there are stadiums in the same city that hold 18k and 43k. Atalanta did the same thing when they were in the UCL.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Today is so much more exciting that our first PL* fixture day

* I was too young to appreciate the first top division fixtures day

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It wasn't my first away game by any means but I was also 16 and also went to that game (for some reason I actually remember the gate being 3,589). Mental really. All those games at places like Southend, Orient, Barnet back in the day.

And it is mad that no so long ago we used to consider Leyton Orient a rival of sorts because we were slipping off Championship Palace's radar.
First home game at 9 (Portsmouth first away can’t remember when) Torquay Utd late 60’s boy have things changed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here