[Football] Europa League final: Sevilla v Roma

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And did that help trading relations between different European cities ?
Still makes me smile
Yes. And Croydon is still twinned with Chernobyl.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I remember most of us in Italy were pretty disappointed when the England players did it at the Euros, I find it disrespectful to the competition as a whole. Last night I went to bed after the last penalty so I didn't see the trophy ceremony and them taking their medals off, Roma confirming they're twats once again.
Maybe the Euros was where it started. I don't know. One player even tried to refuse his medal but reluctantly took it. I don't know why it bothers me, but it just does. It's a sore look.

Mourinho needs dealing with for the way he behaved last night. Good for the kid who got his medal though. w...w...w.ebay.... :ROFLMAO:

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Mourihno threw his into the crowd
I read that he gave it to a young Roma fan, so at least that kid will be happy despite Mourinho's salty behaviour.

Players need to be educated. The sheep mentality of 1st loser etc is disgraceful. 1 does it, they all do it. Morinho is a poisonous dwarf in football, classless
Yep, it's not even that you can't be disappointed at arriving second, of course you can. But you need to show respect to the competition as a whole, the organization/ceremony and to the team that won it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
To be fair the whole medal thing started at the Olympics didn’t it ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Side note: i thought Sevilla's penalty should have stood

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Was it just me or did VAR work better last night? Quick message on bottom left of screen to show check was happening, and then a very quick turnaround.

Gotta hand it to Anthony Taylor, as it must have been the most unpleasant and torturous of games to referee, and he did it well without losing his cool.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Mental that he's actually claiming they kept their dignity. That was gone in the opening 5 minutes with the classless way they played.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That was so disappointing that I went home before extra time and still don't know how the pens panned out other than that Maureen thinks Seville are f***ing ****s :lolol:

Hopefully we will liven it up a bit next season.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Appalling behaviour from Mourinho and the Roma bench through the whole game, one of the worse games of football I have ever seen. Risibly bad. More fool me for sticking with it 'til the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports