Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Europa League final: Sevilla v Roma

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This business of taking your runners up metal off after you've received it, it seems a little bit silly. I'm not sure where it all started.

Jimmy Grimble

This is fast becoming the year of the penalty shoot out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Having only watched a bit of that game which mostly involved players flinging themselves to the the ground and rolling around or just sitting down it occurred to me that Villa will take to European football like a duck to water.
I watched a fair bit of it last night and it was ok until a Sevilla player went down like he had been clotheslined and rolled around for ages....Roma players thought they would start too so it was an escalating ( descending maybe ?) game of trying to get the other teams players booked or sent off.

The ref was pretty good though and booked a Roma player for an awful attempt to win a pen in the box.

The playoffs and now this have been pretty miserable, grinding affairs so far, let's hope the FA Cup is a bit better but, can see the same thing happening again if there is no early goal.

United will be set up to spoil and not to lose and will just stay in the game and hope to nick a goal and hang on. Could be a turgid affair.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reading this thread is giving me goosebumps remembering going to Hamburg to see Fulham in the Europa League final in 2010. Effing Diego Forlan and unknowns David De Gea and Agüero did us. Amazing atmosphere during the day and evening and an incredible journey to get there over the preceding months. Hope you're they're next year this time.

I’ll never forget your comeback win over Juve at Craven Cottage. Special.

Crikey, just looked it up, 13 years ago.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
This business of taking your runners up metal off after you've received it, it seems a little bit silly. I'm not sure where it all started.
I remember most of us in Italy were pretty disappointed when the England players did it at the Euros, I find it disrespectful to the competition as a whole. Last night I went to bed after the last penalty so I didn't see the trophy ceremony and them taking their medals off, Roma confirming they're twats once again.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I remember most of us in Italy were pretty disappointed when the England players did it at the Euros, I find it disrespectful to the competition as a whole. Last night I went to bed after the last penalty so I didn't see the trophy ceremony and them taking their medals off, Roma confirming they're twats once again.
Mourihno threw his into the crowd

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I remember most of us in Italy were pretty disappointed when the England players did it at the Euros, I find it disrespectful to the competition as a whole.

Well if you face England again, how about you finish second and show us how to be respectful

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Players need to be educated. The sheep mentality of 1st loser etc is disgraceful. 1 does it, they all do it. Morinho is a poisonous dwarf in football, classless

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Having only watched a bit of that game which mostly involved players flinging themselves to the the ground and rolling around or just sitting down it occurred to me that Villa will take to European football like a duck to water.
It's the Unai way and explains how/why Sevilla have been so successful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here