Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Europa League final: Sevilla v Roma

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed, the thugs and Mourinho need to carry the can. He's likely off imminently, that old Mourinho chestnut of the playing budget, another reason why Roma shouldn't be punished for that t@sser's actions.
Their fans definitely deserve punishing for those airport scenes

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Their fans definitely deserve punishing for those airport scenes

Lots knock our police but if that happened from English supporters at a European airport, widely video’d and likely on cctv too, they’d be hunted down.

I’m cynical because some continental :wanker:ultras:wanker: have cosy pacts with police.

Hope I’m wrong.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Probably get a one game behind closed doors order. Suspended.
Simon Jordan’s recent rant about any football violence being termed “the English disease” was absolutely spot on. Off to wash my mouth out now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Simon Jordan’s recent rant about any football violence being termed “the English disease” was absolutely spot on. Off to wash my mouth out now.
He often is spot on. About the only decent thing about TalkSport and very fair towards us whenever we're discussed.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I disagree, I hate it when keepers are off their lines for penalties. Glad it hagre
i hate it too however why use the final as a place to set an example ... plus it spoilt the drama and ruined it.

Carbonara

May 24, 2023
The point is English 'fans' have exported hooliganism abroad far more times than other nations.If I asked you to name situations where English fans rioted abroad during World Cups,Euro Championships etc then you could think of many.If I asked you to name even one where Italian,Spanish,German fans etc had done the same when following the national sides then you would struggle.

Carbonara

May 24, 2023
One of the worst refereeing displays I have ever seen.As for the treatment of the ref which is clearly wrong,I get all of the criticism towards the fans but people need to remember how England fans have hounded refs in the past.There was the one ref in particular whos name I cannot remember who was truly hounded.Can't remember the game or his name but I am sure someone on here does.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
One of the worst refereeing displays I have ever seen.As for the treatment of the ref which is clearly wrong,I get all of the criticism towards the fans but people need to remember how England fans have hounded refs in the past.There was the one ref in particular whos name I cannot remember who was truly hounded.Can't remember the game or his name but I am sure someone on here does.
Anders Frisk getting literal credible death threats from Chelsea hooligans?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No. I was thinking of a ref of an England national team game.
Ref who sent Beckham off in a World Cup game? Little foot flick on Diego Simeone, who later admitted he cheated to get him sent off.

Kim Milton Nielsen

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
One of the worst refereeing displays I have ever seen.
What were the actual concerns?. Is it just the yellow card that maybe Sevilla should have had after the overturned penalty decision?

No way has the handball a penalty and the encroachment retake is a well established rule so no issues there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well done for not understanding the laws of the game at all or being able to back up an assertion with a name and facts. This is the equivalent of “my mate down the pub once told me” or “I read on Facebook”.

As for exporting trouble, sadly the black, hooded Ultra culture is creeping in over here. Luckily not quite yet at the stage where 50 of them try and attack players wives and are seen off by two fat blokes, and the two main clubs adopting it are vying for the Worst Fans in London title, but still….

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Just one thing was it a take your kid to work day for Taylor 🤔 🤣
Secondly what are UEFA thinking of they have an army of private jets and should have never put Taylor in that position.

For all the Mourhino’s this and that and how terrible it all was Imagine Attwell trying to get the train home with all the Brighton fans after the Spurs away this season. You can guarantee some idiot would take it to levels that saw themselves and club punished.

Football is football it’s never going to be Rugby Wembley way this season shows football hasn’t really moved on that much idiots follow football clubs.

Last edited:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Plenty online saying he was attacked because of criticism around his performance. Cause and effect, innit.

I consider myself fairly rational and certainly wouldn't luzz a chair at a young female in an airport with the cameras rolling (or at anyone else, anywhere else) yet the morning after the Spurs game I woke up still convinced we'd been deliberately cheated and that the EPL and PGMOL were against us. If I'm still brooding with that level of irrationality 24 hours after a game just think about what a younger, more, er, stimulated fan might do if confronted with Attwell in the immediate aftermath.

Yet the criticism of that performance on here, Twitter et al was 100% justified.
It’s very difficult
There has to be a line somewhere though.
Ignoring social media - which will never be controlled - there have to be minimum standards of behaviour in football.
There has to be a red line.

Mourinho crossed it
The Roma fans crossed it
And should be severely punished by stadium bans and criminal convictions

For the Tottenham game, Stuart Attwell and his VAR crossed a different line it in terms of professionalism
And should have been punished by demotion down the leagues or sackings

I’m not trying to link the two in any way, but unless there are appropriate sanctions on these type of failures, then they will just continue

Professional and excellent referees will continue to be abused
And unprofessional and negligent referees will continue to drag down the best

Mourinho should be banned
Attwell should have been sacked.

Neither will be or have been and so the circus continues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here