[Albion] Europa League fans' forum transcription

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Really sad, I have actually made a spread sheet of all potential ties travel options. Astana, Qarabag and Haifa looking most complicated so far. The reason I mentioned Kazakstan specifically is because while I don’t consider myself a snob. I will not under any circumstances be flying on Kazak Domestic Airline SCAT airlines, blacklisted from the European Union and crash fairly regularly, and not comedy crashes like a bird strike. One where it says all 32 people and 8 crew on board died.
Why is Haifa so difficult? Loads of flights to tel aviv.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I guess one question from me is .. will we know the dates and order of fixtures as soon as the draw is made ? I'm guessing from what barber said the answer is yes but there is a very slight chance a date or 2 may move.

Nicks

I guess one question from me is .. will we know the dates and order of fixtures as soon as the draw is made ? I'm guessing from what barber said the answer is yes but there is a very slight chance a date or 2 may move.
Games are always on Thursdays, KO times may vary away from home.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Games are always on Thursdays, KO times may vary away from home.
Yes although I guess there is a very small chance that some kind of local event prevents a game being played on the Thursday it should have been.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'd imagine it's the time taken to get through immigration. When I was there 20 odd years ago, you had to arrive at the airport three or four hours before your flight left. I'd imagine it's much longer now.
Just googled Israel immigration/customs. Looks fairly normal now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just googled Israel immigration/customs. Looks fairly normal now.
Nope, increased security compared to any other flight for non Israelis, overhead bins full of orthodox hats instead of wheelie cases and make sure you take a separate bit of paper for the immigration stamp if you ever want to visit another Middle Eastern country.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Thanks Bozza for the great summary. As an Albion+ member it sounds like it's going to be very difficult to get tickets for any of the games, including the three-pack - wasn't sure if remaining tickets would be available to A+ members on a game-by-game basis if the three-pack wasn't bought, so am pleased that TNT will be showing the games. Would LOVE to attend at least one of the games but managing my expectations on this front.

And did I understand it correctly, that the three-pack was home games, or could include an away game?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thanks Bozza for the great summary. As an Albion+ member it sounds like it's going to be very difficult to get tickets for any of the games, including the three-pack - wasn't sure if remaining tickets would be available to A+ members on a game-by-game basis if the three-pack wasn't bought, so am pleased that TNT will be showing the games. Would LOVE to attend at least one of the games but managing my expectations on this front.

And did I understand it correctly, that the three-pack was home games, or could include an away game?

There's a good chance MyA+ members that are quick on the first day of sales will get a 3 match pack.. Not all season ticket holders will buy the 3 match pack due to work commitments etc so should be plenty of seats available after the 15th August.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Really sad, I have actually made a spread sheet of all potential ties travel options. Astana, Qarabag and Haifa looking most complicated so far. The reason I mentioned Kazakstan specifically is because while I don’t consider myself a snob. I will not under any circumstances be flying on Kazak Domestic Airline SCAT airlines, blacklisted from the European Union and crash fairly regularly, and not comedy crashes like a bird strike. One where it says all 32 people and 8 crew on board died.
True neither would I. On the plus side getting to Haifa is easy - fly to Tel Aviv then coach or train there . BA , EasyJet or Al El all very safe airlines .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I'd imagine it's the time taken to get through immigration. When I was there 20 odd years ago, you had to arrive at the airport three or four hours before your flight left. I'd imagine it's much longer now.
I’ve flown twice from Tel Aviv in the past 10 years. I don’t remember being asked to get there that early. Might have been 3 hours but not 4. OTOH, if this rumour takes hold I might have a better chance of getting a ticket. Now that I think of it, might have been 5 hours. Even 6. Nightmare, never again!

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

Hey @dolphins, cheer up mate. You will have no trouble getting a ticket for all 3. I’m sure there’ll be plenty of ST holders who won’t take up the offer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports