[Football] Euro 2028 UK & Ireland - the official thread

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This is great news, in some ways the Euros is better than the WC that has descended into a farce

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This is great news, in some ways the Euros is better than the WC that has descended into a farce
Hasn't it just, not least with regard to hosting. The 2026 WC will be hosted by three countries (USA, Canada and Mexico), and the 2030 one by six! (Although apparently three of them are just 'honorary').

Quite expecting FIFA to announce that 2034 will be hosted jointly by the Earth and the Moon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The best Euro/WC tournament formats are 32 team 8 groups of 4. WCs and Euros were nowhere near as good when they were 16 or 24 teams. I've always preferred WCs by a mile, but FIFA are predictably killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hasn't it just, not least with regard to hosting. The 2026 WC will be hosted by three countries (USA, Canada and Mexico), and the 2030 one by six! (Although apparently three of them are just 'honorary').

Quite expecting FIFA to announce that 2034 will be hosted jointly by the Earth and the Moon.
Interesting the derelict Casement Stadium in Belfast will be rebuilt for the tournament. Great news for NI, Windsor Park well past it

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Excellent news. I look forward to sticking a flare up my arse and jibbing into the final!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wait for it to be confirmed first. I am sure UEFA could come up with a way to not award it to us even though there is no-one else. :)
Late Saudi bid?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

That's disappointing - not much atmosphere up there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here