Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] EURO 2022 Official Thread

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Usual capacity and sold out I believe

It's brilliant. We can be very proud of our city for selling all tickets for this event.

It was less than half full in Rotherham last night. So i'm concluding, Brighton is better

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's brilliant. We can be very proud of our city for selling all tickets for this event.

It was less than half full in Rotherham last night. So i'm concluding, Brighton is better

….or it’s England playing :D

I’m looking forward to it…..watched a lot of women’s championship last season

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It was less than half full in Rotherham last night.

It may very well have been so, but the official attendance doesn't reflect that.

The official Euros capacity for Rotherham is 12,021, but the attendance given was 8,541. Approx 71% full.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Women%27s_Euro_2022

It'll be interesting to see what the official attendance is tonight seeing as we all know what a 30,000+ attendance looks like at the Amex.

After that, it should be fairly easy to see whether the number quoted is people through the turnstiles or tickets sold.

Being England at home in a tournament, it'll be high regardless.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That's amazing! I'm really pleased, the take up so far does seem to be very good and it's such an opportunity to really make Women's football its own entity.

I don't know why you're surprised, Old Trafford was a sell-out for the first game and that's bigger than the Amex.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't know why you're surprised, Old Trafford was a sell-out for the first game and that's bigger than the Amex.

Why am I surprised? I'm surprised you're surprised that I'm surprised. Our women's team don't even play at the Amex and when they do, there is a handful of people there. I'm very surprised that we've been able to sell out a 32,000 stadium in that context. Yes, it's a tournament and it's England playing - but it's still a much bigger take up than I would have expected. It's not a criticism of the sport, the team or our City but it is a surprise to me. Manchester is less of a surprise, much bigger attendance and I would assume far more people would be willing to attend a match at Old Trafford for the day out.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Radio 5Live. "I can think of lots of things I'd rather be doing in this heat than playing football". Who is going to tell them where the men are playing in winter?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Radio 5Live. "I can think of lots of things I'd rather be doing in this heat than playing football". Who is going to tell them where the men are playing in winter?

About the same temperature in Qatar in November as it is here now. So trying to work out if this is for or against ‘summer’ tournaments ? :)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why am I surprised? I'm surprised you're surprised that I'm surprised. Our women's team don't even play at the Amex and when they do, there is a handful of people there. I'm very surprised that we've been able to sell out a 32,000 stadium in that context. Yes, it's a tournament and it's England playing - but it's still a much bigger take up than I would have expected. It's not a criticism of the sport, the team or our City but it is a surprise to me. Manchester is less of a surprise, much bigger attendance and I would assume far more people would be willing to attend a match at Old Trafford for the day out.

Well yes I am surprised that you're surprised, I suppose the only surprise is that I shouldn't be surprised that other people ARE surprised.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
"Train delays at Brighton" quote from the BBC.
National anthem at our little ground for a game being shown around Europe, sorry welling up.
We've come a long long way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here