Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] EURO 2020 Thread

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Christian Eriksen for Denmark at 80/1 if they go deep in the tournament caught my eye. I think he might be on penalties. Was part of the team that won Serie A for Inter Milan this season. He's struggled with the language barrier and wants a return to the Premier League. Class player.

:down:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great day out at Wembley yesterday for the England game.

Surprisingly tube was not busy, we got on the Metropolitan line an hour before the game and it was fine - even as we got to Wembley it was fairly quiet.

Entry was easy, 1 checkpoint to confirm negative covid test, the other for ticket. The app worked fine and all of our groups tickets went through no issues. Standard search on the way in. Concourse was pretty busy, like most tournaments food options were limited and poor. Beer was £6.90 for a can of Heineken in a paper cup, they were cold at least.

Think we've played it to safe with the capacity, apparently only 18,000 or so turned up, so fair amount of no shows. We were lower tier behind the goal and had loads of space around us. Second half we managed to move down into the sun and still had a load of space around us. But atmosphere was decent. Roll on Scotland

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Great day out at Wembley yesterday for the England game.

Surprisingly tube was not busy, we got on the Metropolitan line an hour before the game and it was fine - even as we got to Wembley it was fairly quiet.

Entry was easy, 1 checkpoint to confirm negative covid test, the other for ticket. The app worked fine and all of our groups tickets went through no issues. Standard search on the way in. Concourse was pretty busy, like most tournaments food options were limited and poor. Beer was £6.90 for a can of Heineken in a paper cup, they were cold at least.

Think we've played it to safe with the capacity, apparently only 18,000 or so turned up, so fair amount of no shows. We were lower tier behind the goal and had loads of space around us. Second half we managed to move down into the sun and still had a load of space around us. But atmosphere was decent. Roll on Scotland

i know you're a real fan of England and The Albion so please don't take this the wrong way .......7 quid for a can of lager , can you not see you're being had..??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i know you're a real fan of England and The Albion so please don't take this the wrong way .......7 quid for a can of lager , can you not see you're being had..??

All part of day out at a major tournament. In a way the fact the tube was so quiet and it was so easy to get in, we only left the pub 2 hours before KO.... so a can before and can after is not the end of the world.

At least we did not end up with £120 or £140 Cat 1 / 2 tickets.... In fact my ticket was cheaper than a single Adult ticket to watch Brighton...

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
All part of day out at a major tournament. In a way the fact the tube was so quiet and it was so easy to get in, we only left the pub 2 hours before KO.... so a can before and can after is not the end of the world.

At least we did not end up with £120 or £140 Cat 1 / 2 tickets....

As you quite rightly say, if you attend these big tournaments, pop concerts, or any kind of big entertainment venue, these are the kind of prices you are expected to pay now.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
As you quite rightly say, if you attend these big tournaments, pop concerts, or any kind of big entertainment venue, these are the kind of prices you are expected to pay now.

and in years time you won't look back and even remember the price of the beer.

You were there.

It's coming home

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I’m glad Springal had a good day out , no doubt,like anything it was better live. The England that I saw at home looked plodding, and dull . I have cought some other matches played with more urgency and purpose. Still, it was a win against what is probably our strongest group opponent.
Perhaps I have been spoilt watching The Albion play Potterball !

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

You were there.

It's coming home

To be fair, if I'd paid £6.90 for a can of Heinekin I'd need counselling to forget that.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

You were there.

It's coming home

Good point. The same can be said for gigs. . . . edit. Agreed Bry, it's not the £6.90 as much as the fact its heineken. Still, it could have been Fosters at the British GP! :ohmy:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

At least we did not end up with £120 or £140 Cat 1 / 2 tickets.... In fact my ticket was cheaper than a single Adult ticket to watch Brighton...

fair play mate ......but like i said on other Albion sites after watching us play it out from the back watching England was like watching Tranmere.....onwards and upwards i suppose...:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here