[Football] Euro 2020 (now 2021) dates revealed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sadly the FA are doing a fresh ballot for the England Fans club tickets. All tickets already bought are being refunded.

We had tickets for all England group games, plus R16, SF and Final if England get there. Oh well, now need to hope we get in the ballot.

Slight gripe that they say they have to reduce the England allocation by 75%. Bet they are not doing that to the hospitality and corporate tickets. Just yet another example of not putting fans first I suspect despite UEFA's protestations to the contrary this week.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sadly the FA are doing a fresh ballot for the England Fans club tickets. All tickets already bought are being refunded.

We had tickets for all England group games, plus R16, SF and Final if England get there. Oh well, now need to hope we get in the ballot.

Slight gripe that they say they have to reduce the England allocation by 75%. Bet they are not doing that to the hospitality and corporate tickets. Just yet another example of not putting fans first I suspect despite UEFA's protestations to the contrary this week.

Do you not think you will be guaranteed? I don't have a copy of the caps table for that period but I am relatively sure I'd still be in the top 2000 or so (I currently am for this campaign - just) - so assuming some have UEFA tickets and some handed theirs back I am still relatively confident

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So, after the FA cancelled all tickets... UEFA have now started their ballots to determine who keeps theirs. I've had one matched cancelled today, but that was in Scotland, so no great loss.

Apparently tickets show as missing on the UEFA site before you get an email.

Still have tickets for three games, but unclear if those ballots have actually taken place.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Has there been any update on capacity at Wembley after the group stages?

An absolute maximum of 50% for the semi's and final with strict social distancing in place and face masks to be worn at all times within the vicinity of Wembley is what is looking almost certain now.

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
An absolute maximum of 50% for the semi's and final with strict social distancing in place and face masks to be worn at all times within the vicinity of Wembley is what is looking almost certain now.

Oh wow, thanks. I kept tickets for group stages and semi's, and they're still showing on the portal, but assuming they'll do a further ballot to reduce that?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Oh wow, thanks. I kept tickets for group stages and semi's, and they're still showing on the portal, but assuming they'll do a further ballot to reduce that?

I'm in a similar position with 4 tickets for the final. I think I read some where that they're going to confirm capacity on 2/06.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Assume there's a reasonable chance of keeping semi and final tickets actually. UEFA would have held loads back for qualifying nations, but as they (probably) can't travel....

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm in a similar position with 4 tickets for the final. I think I read some where that they're going to confirm capacity on 2/06.

Looking on the UEFA website, I notice it says tickets holders will be notified in May as to whether their tickets are valid or not.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Disappointed to have only got England v Scotland in the re-ballot. 2 of our group got all games , another in our group just England Croatia.

With lots of groups being split up I reckon we will see a lot of unclaimed tickets and further ballot

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Disappointed to have only got England v Scotland in the re-ballot. 2 of our group got all games , another in our group just England Croatia.

With lots of groups being split up I reckon we will see a lot of unclaimed tickets and further ballot

At least you got the big one.

And this is the FA ballot, not the UEFA ballot, right?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
At least you got the big one.

And this is the FA ballot, not the UEFA ballot, right?

Yeah FA ballot. I was only just under the guaranteed point threshold but had convinced myself enough fans would have returned tickets or got through UEFA that I might have been ok…

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
It will be television for me . I see that it is on terrestrial tv. I am surprised at the lateness of the kick offs. 9 pm makes it very late for you people attending Wembley. I don’t know why , it does not have to be shown in the Americas does it?

Normally I am really excited about these tournaments but less so this time. Frankly with Covid still around it would have been wiser to cancel it. Some things are more important than sports. Maybe it is the delay from last year, maybe because Albion are top flight I see these players as competitors rather than heroes.

I will be surprised, and pleased if England get past the group stage.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
How do you know whether you’ve got the tickets or not? I originally had tickets to the England Scotland game and when I go into my UEFA account it says ‘ticket allocated’, however I’m not sure whether that’s new information or not. I don’t appear to have had any recent emails from UEFA.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Any idea if ballot tickets will go on sale to general members etc? If so help would be appreciated with dates and where?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any idea if ballot tickets will go on sale to general members etc? If so help would be appreciated with dates and where?

Not through the FA I don’t think. They’ll keep balloting the away fans club until they’re all gone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports