Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU Referendum - deadline to register fast approaching

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tinkering with registration deadlines is little different to tinkering with constituency boundaries in order to get the "right" result and they've been doing that since the popular vote was established. If the "leaves" had the authority they would have closed the registration process months ago. They're all politicians ffs! :lolol:

If you are retired sitting on the triple lock and voting UKIP you have sh1t loads of time on your hands. The rest of us are struggle to get everything done, good on em for extending

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If you are retired sitting on the triple lock and voting UKIP you have sh1t loads of time on your hands. The rest of us are struggle to get everything done, good on em for extending

UKIP?
Give me strength!
:lolol:

I'm sitting in the south of France with a very fruity pitcher of sangria having cast my vote weeks ago!
Politicians can do their worst (and undoubtably will) :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
UKIP?
Give me strength!

I'm sitting in the south of France with a very fruity pitcher of sangria having cast my vote weeks ago!

Sangria? Shouldn't you be drinking Bandol Rose? Shame on you :smile:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
UKIP?
Give me strength!

Just noticed your signature, have you stopped following ?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Probably the most honest I have heard anyone speak on this.

Wasn't this the chap that started all this by signing the Maastricht Treaty in 92 this led to the creation of the Euro and we all know what a success that is! It is so successful that we decided to keep the pound ffs!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Wasn't this the chap that started all this by signing the Maastricht Treaty in 92 this led to the creation of the Euro and we all know what a success that is! It is so successful that we decided to keep the pound ffs!

Yes the very same also the genius who championed our signing up to the ERM. :facepalm:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

A European Union isn’t a bad idea in principle, it has been a concept since WWII, and he kept the English pound. I don’t feel as if we are being run by Europe and tbh we will always be run by some idiot and I will use Blair and Cameron as idiot examples.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
UKIP?
Give me strength!

When did you receive your postal vote form? I haven't had mine yet!

http://www.lewes.gov.uk/council/15199.asp

Postal Voting

Anyone can apply for a postal vote for all elections, or for a particular election – you do not need to give a reason. To apply please request and complete a Postal Vote Application form and return to us at the address at the bottom of the page.

The last time for the receipt of applications for postal votes is 5pm 11 working days before the day of the election.

Please be aware that postal votes cannot be sent until after the nomination process has closed and ballot papers have been printed. Therefore we do not anticipate postal votes arriving more than 6 working days before polling day.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
A European Union isn’t a bad idea in principle, it has been a concept since WWII, and he kept the English pound. I don’t feel as if we are being run by Europe and tbh. We will always be run by some idiot and I will use Blair and Cameron as idiot examples.

And the reason we kept the pound is because it is strong worldwide we can survive without being members of the EU and yes your probably correct in saying we will always be run by some idiot but at least he or she will be our idiot!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
And the reason we kept the pound is because it is strong worldwide we can survive without being members of the EU and yes your probably correct in saying we will always be run by some idiot but at least he or she will be our idiot!

If our idiots are Blair an Cameron I beg to differ.

Listening to JM's reasons for staying in is much more believable than Cameron’s scaremongering about WWIII breaking out in Europe.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
One. Why would he have been removed from the register ?

Why removed? - mistakes happen (ESF&R removed the fact that fireworks were stored at Marley Farm in nr Ringmer from their records and turned up to that fateful fire there blissfully unaware that it existed, despite being listed has the highest risk in the county on other information sources that they kept - but that's another topic for another day)

Two. Ring your local council Electoral Services and ask if you are still registered. .

And that would have been open at 21:30 on deadline day? or up to midnight? And if it turned out that they weren't and were unable to get through then what? - it would be too late to register and vote (they adopted a safety first approach)

Three. You do not need a polling card to vote

Why only send one out on some occasions and not on others, and why only to 1 of the 2 registered voters a the same address? Is it any surprise that some though that they would try to register just make sure that they were eligible?

If people are able to and have the right to register until that midnight deadline, why can't they leave it to the last minute to register if that's their choice? They are entitled to leave it to the last minute if they wish, or are you saying that the deadline we were all told doesn't exist and those who fail to register several hours / days in advance of the approaching deadline shouldn't have that right any more and become ineligible to vote?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why removed? - mistakes happen (ESF&R removed the fact that fireworks were stored at Marley Farm in nr Ringmer from their records and turned up to that fateful fire there blissfully unaware that it existed, despite being listed has the highest risk in the county on other information sources that they kept - but that's another topic for another day)

And that would have been open at 21:30 on deadline day? or up to midnight? And if it turned out that they weren't and were unable to get through then what? - it would be too late to register and vote (they adopted a safety first approach)

Why only send one out on some occasions and not on others, and why only to 1 of the 2 registered voters a the same address? Is it any surprise that some though that they would try to register just make sure that they were eligible?

If people are able to and have the right to register until that midnight deadline, why can't they leave it to the last minute to register if that's their choice? They are entitled to leave it to the last minute if they wish, or are you saying that the deadline we were all told doesn't exist and those who fail to register several hours / days in advance of the approaching deadline shouldn't have that right any more and become ineligible to vote?

Well, it works in North Korea:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here