Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU and AstraZeneca

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Wrong thread. Please stop trying to divert from the appalling lies and vaccine nationalism from the EU.

Money sent to the EU = better spent on NHS ! outrage !, money spent on foreign Aid = we can't afford ! outrage !, money spent on refugees, we don't have the resources ! outrage ! ..........32bn on test + Trace....ah well........

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Money sent to the EU = better spent on NHS ! outrage !, money spent on foreign Aid = we can't afford ! outrage !, money spent on refugees, we don't have the resources ! outrage ! ..........32bn on test + Trace....ah well........
Wrong thread. Have you any views about the EU lying about the UK preventing vaccine supplies going abroad or their piss poor handling of the Vaccine issue?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Wrong thread. Have you any views about the EU lying about the UK preventing vaccine supplies going abroad or their piss poor handling of the Vaccine issue?

no i´m not obsessing over the vaccine issue, but I am surprised you are outraged over this lying and you were quick to point out the inaccuracy of Kier Starmer's statement during PMQs regarding staying in the medicines agency but not too concerned over Boris Johsons shameless lies which happen regularly. Starmer's office quickly corrected his inaccuracy.

[tweet]1370055891031052289[/tweet]

Jan 30, 2008

Charity begins at home always has always will 🇬🇧
Regards
DF

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
no i´m not obsessing over the vaccine issue, but I am surprised you are outraged over this lying and you were quick to point out the inaccuracy of Kier Starmer's statement during PMQs regarding staying in the medicines agency but not too concerned over Boris Johsons shameless lies which happen regularly. Starmer's office quickly corrected his inaccuracy.

[tweet]1370055891031052289[/tweet]
I completely understand, as a fully paid up member of the #teameu (5th column) club only anti UK views are allowed.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
I completely understand, as a fully paid up member of the #teameu (5th column) club only anti UK views are allowed.

i'm fine with that, if you feel slavishly supporting this awful government and Brexit all of which work against the best interests of the UK is anti UK fine, just like Trump supporters saying not supporting Trump was anti America. We all know how that ended up

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
i'm fine with that, if you feel slavishly supporting this awful government and Brexit all of which work against the best interests of the UK is anti UK fine, just like Trump supporters saying not supporting Trump was anti America. We all know how that ended up
There are dozens of threads where you can slag off the government and complain about Brexit, this thread is about the failures of the EU vaccine response and their ongoing attempts to divert from it.

Well done for embracing what you are though... if only the others would be more honest [emoji106]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Disappointed with the EU and the suspensions of the AZ vaccine.

Could well cost lives.

It will cost lives.

Large stocks of AstraZeneca vaccines sit in fridges, vulnerable groups un-vax’d. There aren’t matching stocks of Pfizer vaccines just sitting there in -70c freezers at every centre, waiting to be used instead.

Everyday counts for every nation.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Of course it's not "the EU" which has stopped this but individual nations (the EMA has declared itself to be perfectly fine with the vaccine), but why let facts get in the way of a narrative...

Worth also noting buried in this is once again AstraZeneca reneging on it's contract to supply vaccines by lowering the amounts it's able to commit to.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Of course it's not "the EU" which has stopped this but individual nations (the EMA has declared itself to be perfectly fine with the vaccine), but why let facts get in the way of a narrative...

Worth also noting buried in this is once again AstraZeneca reneging on it's contract to supply vaccines by lowering the amounts it's able to commit to.

EMA is OK with it
WHO is OK with it
Some EU countries aren't OK it at the moment. Its called sovereignty..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I genuinely think some people on here (very few, just the usual fannies) think there is some Mekon type figure floating over Europe, controlling everything in the name of the EU.

On a more serious note, it's pretty sick that some of the usual mob on here are clearly reveling in the fact that the EU are stumbling over the vaccine roll-out. While these sickos point and laugh and try to score political points, people are dying.

Some on here have really shown their true colours over this. They should not be proud.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No words...

Capture.PNG

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

talking of narratives, are you really going to drag up supply shortfalls, that is also seen with Pfizer and other, when they are not even using the supply they are receiving?
there is an agenda against AZ , unclear if its nations to cover inadequacies in vaccination programme or industry not happy with it being given away for cost.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

There was no breach of contract, that argument died in January. “Best reasonable efforts” was stated in the contract and the EU were the last to order. But we do know that EU nations have received the vaccine, despite their programmes starting very late, 17m have had OAZ so far.

The only important matter is that people are vaccinated. Ironically, obstacles from day one to the OAZ vaccine being rolled out, slowed its use in some nations.

The EMA yesterday were very clear.

6154E9E8-C302-428C-9352-B8120587C77A.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There was no breach of contract, that argument died in January. “Best reasonable efforts” was stated in the contract and the EU were the last to order. But we do know that EU nations have received the vaccine, despite their programmes starting very late, 17m have had OAZ so far.

My mistake and I happily stand corrected, however it still isn't a good look for AZ to continue to downgrade their supplies in this way

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020

That's strange, countries in the EU using their sovereingty to make decisions on vaccines, hmm, thought you had to leave the EU to do that....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here