Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Eric Dier climbs into the crowd to punch Spurs fan

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I do find it funny when the person who has spent 90 screaming w*****, useless c***, etc etc turns out to be Usain Bolt, the moment the targetted player wants a word, face to face :lolol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Glad I was in West Upper on Saturday so March couldn't hear what I said when he missed that sitter

I'm blaming playing on Leap Year Day for that.

It was clearly a distraction for March.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Oh blimey!

Just to think the risk to the fans in the north west corner when abusing SEGW last Saturday!! How close where they to a personal contre-temps!

Actually....

SEGW would probably have tripped on the barrier land on his arse, eyes glaring with arms raised toward the ref....mind you i suspect the front tow rows would have been covered in spittle.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dale Stephens with his 'fan club', in hospitality after a game:-

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I can imagine Zaha leaping into the crowd, and probably feigning injury whilst doing so, when he sees the Greyhound at all of Palace's away games, doing crybaby faces and throwing balls timidly at his fragile shins.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Oh, what a lovely club.

First thing I hear when seeing some highlights at half-time last night during Sheffield Wednesday v Manchester City was "*** army!"

Just as nasty and unpleasant as West Ham and Millwall.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm sorry but I'm with Eric here.

The abuse and personal crap that footballers and footballers families have to put up with is unacceptable, this type of reaction is inevitable.

Even at local County football you here personal insults levelled at people they don't actually know, have no understanding what they've dealt with in their lives and is normally done out of drunken stupidity, I think to challenge them, if the authorities don't, is the right action.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm sorry but I'm with Eric here.

The abuse and personal crap that footballers and footballers families have to put up with is unacceptable, this type of reaction is inevitable.

Even at local County football you here personal insults levelled at people they don't actually know, have no understanding what they've dealt with in their lives and is normally done out of drunken stupidity, I think to challenge them, if the authorities don't, is the right action.

We are trying to tackle ''Knife Crime'' and ''Gang Warfare'' in the streets of London and other cities around the UK. And what you are really saying is '' Actually - No its actually OK to carry out Vigilante Revenge attacks if someone verbally abuses you'' - These Footballers are ''Role Models'' to our kids.

How is that likely to help ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We are trying to tackle ''Knife Crime'' and ''Gang Warfare'' in the streets of London and other cities around the UK. And what you are really saying is '' Actually - No its actually OK to carry out Vigilante Revenge attacks if someone verbally abuses you'' - These Footballers are ''Role Models'' to our kids.

It isn't a vigilante attack is it - it's defending yourself / friends / family. No issue with this at all.

You can tell by the face on the bloke that was doing it he knew he was wrong, the look of panic on his face is amazing.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

I think what I'm saying is this type of reaction is inevitable and the authorities need to do more to stamp out the abuse in the first place.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It isn't a vigilante attack is it - it's defending yourself / friends / family. No issue with this at all.

You can tell by the face on the bloke that was doing it he knew he was wrong, the look of panic on his face is amazing.

His family were not in Danger as there were Stewards around whose job it is to protect people in the crowd. And even if they were he could never have known the whole circumstances.

It isn't right to verbally abuse players in the way they are sometimes abused but neither is it right in any circumstances to take the Law into your own hands. Otherwise we go back to the Lawless ways of the ''Wild West'' Look at Mexico and the US with all the shootings and deaths. These type of actions start of with fists and the escalate to knives and guns. It is absolutely Barbaric and for a Football Player who's photo is probably on the walls of thousands of kids in the UK. It sets the wrong example.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
His family were not in Danger as there were Stewards around whose job it is to protect people in the crowd. And even if they were he could never have known the whole circumstances.

It isn't right to verbally abuse players in the way they are sometimes abused but neither is it right in any circumstances to take the Law into your own hands. Otherwise we go back to the Lawless ways of the ''Wild West'' Look at Mexico and the US with all the shootings and deaths. These type of actions start of with fists and the escalate to knives and guns. It is absolutely Barbaric and for a Football Player who's photo is probably on the walls of thousands of kids in the UK. It sets the wrong example.

Minimum wage stewards... when have you ever seen them put themselves in harms way? Like I said pretty much everyone would react the same if they saw their family involved in some kind of altercation. You simply would not stand at a distance and hope it blows over.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Minimum wage stewards... when have you ever seen them put themselves in harms way? .

Saturday, 12:35.

Our man (legend) in The Family Stand got right in the face of a couple of fans (who absolutely shouldn't have been there) because of their gesticulating, early doors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here